FAQ - College
College (39 questions)
International Admissions (9 questions)
- Do I need to sit a written exam as part of the international procedure?
- Which academic records should I attach to my application ?
- Is it possible to apply through the international procedure for admission to an undergraduate programme at the Paris campus?
- I obtained a French baccalauréat with the international or European specialisation abroad. Is it possible for me to apply through the international procedure?
- Is there always an oral interview for the international undergraduate admission procedure?
- I applied to the undergraduate programme via the international procedure, but I am currently living in France, can I be interviewed in France if my application is pre-selected?
You will be able to choose from a list of available dates and locations through the online application, including the campus you are applying to in France.
You must submit a completed application at least six weeks prior to the interview date most convenient to you.
Please note that the earlier your application reaches us, the more scope you will have to choose the interview location and therefore the more chance you will have to be interviewed in your location of choice.
- Can I be interviewed in the city where I am currently living?
- I hold an International Baccalaureat (IB) diploma, should I sit for the SAT tests in order to apply for undergraduate studies at Sciences Po?
- I have already completed two years of study at a higher education institution, can I apply to the undergraduate programme?
Language requirements (1 question)
Referees’ information (6 questions)
- Does the referee need to fill the form or may s/he send a letter by email?
We do not accept letter by email.
The referees need to fill the online form. However, in the event that your referee cannot complete the online referee form, and subject to this stipulation only, she/he must contact us and we will send him/her the form in Word format. He/she must then complete it and send it back to us directly through our contact form (confidentially and from a professional email address).
- How do my referees receive the form to fill out?
Once you have filled in (and saved) your referees' contact information on the online application, an e-mail will be sent automatically by the system inviting them to complete an online recommendation form. You should check that they have received this e-mail. If they haven't, please contact us by email.
- When do my referees receive an invitation to submit a reference for me?
Once you have filled in (and saved) your referees' contact information on the online application, an e-mail will be sent automatically by the system inviting them to complete an online recommandation form. You should check that they have received this e-mail.
- May I submit my application form even if some of my referees have not sent their forms yet?
No, you must make sure your referees have included their forms before subtmitting your application. Keep in mind your application must be completed, including the references, by the programme's or scholarship's deadline.
- May I read the references submitted by my referees?
No, applicants are not allowed to read references. They are strictly confidential and will only be read by those people responsible for assessing your application.
- In what language do the references need to be written?
Dual Degree Programmes (1 question)
- May I apply for a Dual Bachelor Degree and for an undergraduate programme at Sciences Po at the same time ?
Yes, but depending on the programme you must submit either one or two online applications.
If you apply to the Dual Bachelor Degree with Freie Universität Berlin, the University of Hong Kong or Keio University, you only need to submit one application through Sciences Po, you must select the Dual Degree as a first choice of programme as well as one of our undergraduate programmes as a second choice.
For any other Dual Bachelor Degree: Columbia University, National University of Singapore, University of Sydney, University of British Columbia, and University College London, you must submit two applications. One on the website of the partner university for the dual degree and the other on the Sciences Po website in which you will be able to select one of our undergraduate programmes.
Practical information (11 questions)
- I have been admitted, what should I do now to finalize my registration?
- How will I know the outcome of my application?
- I opened an application form in the previous years, may I use it to apply this year?
- Do my academic transcripts need to be translated?
- I need proof of my admission in order to obtain my visa, what should I do?
You may download an enrollement certificate through the student services centre in your online student space, once you have accepted our offer of admission. This document will assist you in obtaining a visa.
Depending on the required documents, you may also present the Letter of Admission you received from Sciences Po.
- Do I have to complete my application all at once?
The online application is composed of several fields. Entries for each field may be saved by clicking on the « save changes » link at the bottom of the page. This allows you to save your information as you are completing your application. It will be saved until the next connection. You can thus complete your application in several steps.
- Must the required information material be attached to my online application or should I mail it to Sciences Po?
- Can I apply if I have not obtained my diploma yet?
- Do I have to send the original of my degree certificate?
- How long does it take you to acknowledge that you have correctly received my supplementary information materials?
When you send us missing documents at our request, the status update is not instantaneous: it might take between 7 and 15 days to update. Please be patient and avoid sending several copies of the same document. It will only slow down the process! Once we have checked out your documents, you will be able to see it directly on your online space.
- I passed the Baccalaureat in France, and the year after I got the High School Diploma in the US. Which admission procedure should I apply through?
In this case, eligibility depends on the first obtained diploma. You must therefore apply through the exam entry procedure and because you received your diploma the previous year you must first request a waiver in order to be eligible to apply. You are not an eligible applicant through the international admission procedure.
Financial Information (4 questions)
- I do not have a credit card, how do I pay the application fee?
If you cannot pay by credit card, you may ask us for the required information to pay by bank transfer. You must send us a proof of payment in the form of an official bank confirmation. Once the payment has been registered it will be updated in the online application, you will receive a confirmation of such in order for you to continue completing the form allowing you to submit it for review.
Beware: Just because you have paid this fee does not mean that the application has automatically been submitted. You must manually submit your application by clicking "submit application".
- How do I apply to the Emile Boutmy scholarship ?
- How much are the tuition fees at Sciences Po?
- What grants/scholarships are available?
Personal statement (2 questions)
Other questions (4 questions)
- At what time of the year can I begin studying at Sciences Po?
The academic year at Sciences Po begins between end of August and mid-September, depending on the programmes. Only exchange students may begin in January (second semester). Please consult the information on our Welcome programmes and be aware that certain orientation programmes may be compulsory.
- What is a Partnership Programme?
They are unique programmes in partnership with an affiliated university characterized by specific enrolment requirements and diplomas. These programmes are open to Sciences Po students and certain partner universities students. Please review the eligibility criteria and the specificities of the given programme.
In order to apply to any one of these programmes, you must select the indicated “Partnership Programme” procedure in the online application to view the accurate list of programmes available.
- Is there an age limit for applying to Sciences Po?
- Does my nationality determine the admission procedure through which I should apply?
Useful Contacts (1 question)
- I am newly admitted, who are my new contacts?
You have been admitted to Sciences Po, please check the Students website for information on your next steps, registration, tuition fees, health insurance, orientation programmes and more.
If you have questions regarding bursaries and financial aid, student welfare and support as well as housing and residence permits please contact our Student services through their online contact form.
Please note that the Administrative registration's office and the Student Services do not take questions by phone. The Admissions office's call center only answers questions regarding admissions and current applications (newly admitted students must refer to the Administrative registration office or the Student Services Office).
If you are an exchange student, please contact the International Affairs Office.
If you have special needs, please check the Accessibility page.
Please check our list of useful links.