International graduate admissions: language requirements
Language requirements depend on the programme to which you are applying. When needed, test results must be attached directly into the online application.
If you are applying to two programmes with different requirements, you must take into account the highest level required.
Although for some programmes no specific English level is required for admission, you will be requested to prove a C1 English level at the end of your programme to obtain your final diploma.
Certain applicants may be exempted from a language test according to their situation.
Please check our language test exemptions page.
You must provide your language test results no later than:
- the Master's programme deadline (excluding dual degree programmes) or 31 May 2021 (23h59 Paris time) at the latest; or
- the scholarship deadline; or
- the dual degree programme's deadline.
All deadlines always refer to Paris time (23h59). Please check the deadlines.
Please note: your application to the Eiffel / Boutmy scholarships will not be taken into account without the required language tests.
Two to three months may be needed to obtain your language test results. You must take the necessary precautions in order to provide your results whilst respecting the deadline. You must indicate the date on which you have or will pass the language test in your online application.
Conditional offer - Master’s programme
- the selection committee is ready to admit you, but your language test(s) scores are still missing, the offer will only be valid under the condition that you provide the required score on time. Your letter of admission will not be issued until you fulfill this requirement.
- Applicants who have received a conditional offer of admission must provide the required language scores before the given deadline, and by 31 May 2021 at the latest, otherwise their admission will no longer be valid.
Dual degree programmes: No conditional offers are issued for dual degree programmes.
Language test scores are mandatory for dual degree applications to be processed.
Please note that language tests are valid for two years only ( except for Cambridge certificate, DELF and DALF). Tests must be valid on January 1st of the year you will join Sciences Po.
Cambridge certificate, DELF and DALF have a lifetime validity.