Admission to a One-Year Master's Programme
The online applications for the 2021 intake are open.
One-year master’s programmes at Sciences Po deliver an intensive curriculum designed for young professionals seeking to take their career to the next level.
Programmes differ from Two-Years Master's programmes by their duration (one year instead of two) and are intended to be for young professionals who want to develop the expertise they need to accelerate their careers. These programmes are taught entirely in English, except for the Master en Arts Politiques (SPEAP).
Discover our One-Year Master's programmes.
Deadlines for the 2021 intake
Final deadline to submit your complete application : 11 April 2021.
Admission decisions are given at the latest:
- 25 February 2021 for complete applications received before 20 December 2020.
- 20 May 2021 for complete applications received between 21 December 2020 and 14 March 2021.
- 10 June 2021 for complete applications received between 15 March and 11 April 2021.
Please note: all deadlines always refer to Paris time (23h59).
Before you apply
- Check our One-Year Master's programmes.
- Check the eligibility criteria, the admission criteria and the language requirements.
- Check the prerequisites and supporting material by programme.
How to apply
Create an account and complete the online form
Create an account, log in and fill out your application.
It may/can take up to two hours before receiving the activation link.
You cannot use the same application form twice. If you already applied on a previous year, you must create a new application form.
For further information, check the application guide.
Choose your Programme
First of all, you should choose which programme you wish to apply to. You can select only one Master’s programme. You cannot apply to two different One-Year Master’s programmes or a combination with regular Master's programmes.
Please note: You may only apply to Sciences Po's programmes once per academic year. Should you not be admitted, it is not possible to apply to a different programme or through another procedure in the same academic year.
More information on our One-Year Master’s programmes.
Request your references
Start your application by filling in the reference section. This will ensure referees have adequate time to reply.
Only complete application forms will be reviewed, and they must include the requested references by the deadline of the programme. It is your reponsibility to make sure your referees have submitted their form on time.
As a candidate, you commit to ensuring that the recommendations completed by your referees in your Sciences Po application are sincere and accurate.
Any doubt as to the authenticity of their drafting may lead to the invalidation of these recommendations in your application and to the deletion of the related referee account. Please make sure that your referees are aware of it when you ask them to recommend you.
More about the academic and professional references.
Take your language test
Take the required language tests (if necessary).Two to three months may be needed to obtain your language test results. You must therefore take the necessary precautions in order to provide your results whilst respecting the deadlines.
Your test scores must be submitted before 31 May 2021 Paris time (23h59). Past this date, your admission offer will no longer be valid.
Upload the supporting material
To be eligible for assessment, your application must be complete and submitted before the deadline for the programme you are applying for.
All applicants must upload the following required documents :
For all One Year Master programmes
- Official academic transcript(s) for the entirety of your time in higher education. Acceptable transcript formats include scanned copies of paper transcripts produced by the institution, electronic transcripts produced by the institution, and web-based academic records produced by the institution and containing your name and the name of the institution. The Admissions Office reserves the right to request official transcripts at any time during the application process.
- Official transcripts of study abroad and exchange programmes, including at Sciences Po if applicable
- Proof of language proficiency (you must upload your proof of English proficiency under "English Language test" or "French language test" even if your document is not a language test)
- One or two professional references, depending on the programme
- An official proof, signed and stamped, from your university, providing your undergraduate cumulative grade average (and your graduate cumulative grade average if applicable). Please provide one certificate by degree and/or institution attended.
Some additional supporting material may be required depending on the programme: a copy of your law degree, an essay, etc.
More information on the supporting material and the prerequisites.
For the Master en Arts Politiques (SPEAP), theme for the 2021 intake: "Critical Zones : co-inhabiting ruined territories"
Write your personal statement
Application reviewers read a large number of personal statements each day and appreciate those which have been carefully written and structured.
It is important that the applicants show a concrete idea of the professional field (or even position) that they are aiming for, and that they state clearly what aspects of their personality or background have led them to made this choice.
The adequacy between the applicant's career plans and the training sought is evaluated in order to ensure that the prospective student stand to gain the most from it. It is important to us, and to the applicants, that we offer them the training and academic framework that they need. Applicants must therefore clarify the reasons why they have chosen the given programme, what exactly are the aspects they find attractive and explain how Sciences Po would be an integral part of their plans.
Pay your application fee
The application fee of €100 is not refundable.
Please note: paying the application fee does not mean that your application form has been submitted. Make sure to submit your application form by clicking on the Submit button.
Submit your application
Do not wait until the very last day to submit your application. To be eligible for assessment, your application must be completed and submitted before the deadline of the programme you are applying to.
Please note: all deadlines always refer to Paris time (23h59).
Important: Our platform cannot invalidate incomplete files, it is your responsibility to submit an application that includes all required documents.
After you apply
Check your application status
Once you have submitted your application, you can access your dashboard which allows you to track the status of your application.
Please wait at least 15 days before contacting us if you see that the status of your application has not changed.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application through their dashboard and by email. Our admission offer is for the programme that you were evaluated for.
You may not enroll in or transfer to any other academic degree program / school unless you have submitted a separate application and received a separate admission offer.
We fully understand your disappointment and your wish to know more about the reasons for our decision. Here are some of the factors that may explain why your application was unsuccessful.
Admissions at Master's level do not provide for a waiting list.