- Alumni & Donors
- News & Events
"Socio-fiscal Policies" Research Group
Social and employment policies in France mobilize different tax tools (exemptions from social contributions, tax credits, etc.). These socio-fiscal policies constitute an instrument with distinct properties from other instruments (direct expenditure, regulation).
Based on an original inventory of the existing devices, the "Socio-fiscal Policies" Research Group multiplies the points of view to eventually provide a complete, interdisciplinary and comparative evaluation of these devices, by treating the following questions: what are the cost and the efficiency of the different devices? What are the consequences in distributive terms? What determines the use of a socio-fiscal system? What is their contribution, sector by sector, to the organization of social action, public and private? What is the steering and governance of these devices?
Beyond this, the work of the research group opens up perspectives on the contribution of socio-fiscal policies to the long evolutionary dynamics of the welfare state as well as to the economic strategy in France.
Associated research projects :
- L'Etat des lieux des dépenses socio-fiscales
- Evaluating the effect of fiscal and social exonerations policies on employment and social protection
- Modèles nationaux de croissance et protection sociale
- Interdisciplinary Evaluation of the Tax Credit for the Competitiveness and the Employment (Crédit d'impôt pour la Compétitivité et l'Emploi/CICE)
- Social investment : which strategy for France ?
- L'argent des ménages dans les politiques publiques (2015)
- Research Project with EN3S: Redistributive Impact of the Socio-Fiscal Models of Social Welfare: An International Comparative Analysis
The research group recent events:
- Care Economy: An Outline of a New Research Project
- Insurance and Redistribution: An Experimental Approach
- The End of Social Europe?
- Entretenir, renouveler et protéger le capital humain dans une perspective d’investissement social : Formation tout au long de la vie, politiques d’emplois et vieillissement actif
- Réguler, conseiller, éduquer ? Comment les politiques publiques encadrent-elles l'argent des ménages ?
Publications of the Research Group: