Senior Research Fellow, CNRS
Phone: +33 (0) 1 58 71 70 25 - email@example.com
Alain Dieckhoff is senior research fellow at CNRS. He holds degrees from the University of Paris 10-Nanterre (Ph.D. in political sociology) and Sciences Po. His research area focuses on politics, contemporary society and transformations of the State in Israel. He also works on the transformations of contemporary nationalism.
He teaches courses at Sciences Po, at the undergraduate and graduate levels. He is a member of the editorial boards of Politique et sociétés, Maghreb-Machrek, Questions internationales and Israel Studies.
Alain Dieckhoff is director of CERI since January 1st, 2014.
- Nation, State and democracy in Israel
- Politics and religion in Israel
- The Israeli-Palestinian peace process
- The transformations of contemporary nationalism
- Sciences Po, "Nations and Nationalisms" (undergraduate level)
- Sciences Po, "Nationalisms and Conflicts" (PSIA, Master "International Security")
- Sciences Po, "Sociology of Nationalism and Transnationalism" (Doctoral School, Master’s in Comparative Politics, with Riva Kastoryano)
English, German, Hebrew, Italian.
Routledge Handbook of Modern Israel (ed.), Abingdon, Routledge, 2013, 356 p.
La nation dans tous ses Etats. Les identités nationales en mouvement, Paris, Flammarion, nouvelle édition 2012, 336 p. (Coll. Champs Essais).
« Multinational Democratic States: A Reassessment », in C. Dijkema (dir.), Rethinking the foundations of the State, an analysis of post-crisis situations, Bruxelles, Bruylant, 2012, pp.37-48.
Le conflit israélo-arabe, Paris, Armand Colin, 2011, 188 p. (Coll. 25 questions décisives).
L’Etat d’Israël, sous la direction de Alain Dieckhoff, Paris, Fayard, 2008, 592 p. (Coll. Les grandes études internationales).
Revisiting nationalism : theories and processes, avec Christophe Jaffrelot (eds), Londres, Hurst, 2005 (coll. The CERI series in comparative politics and international studies)
online on the CERI website