- Alumni & Donors
- Use the library
- Ask us
- About us
Information for readers with disabilities
Services to improve accessibility for all readers.
- Building access
- Adapted furniture
- Reserved spaces
- Equipments and softwares
- Equipment loan
- Collections accessibility
The Library offers services to readers with disabilities.Library staff is available to:
- assist readers with disabilities in reading rooms and at different information desks
- inform you about services at your disposal
- request closed-stacks material, collect direct access items and check-out materials for you
- make photocopies or prints of library materials
- digitize your items on a scanner equipped with character recognition software to make them accessible
A personal assistance can also be arranged. To make an appointment : firstname.lastname@example.org
Readers with disabilities are granted extended borrowing privileges as well as delivery service : material delivery in lockers at the 13 rue de l'Université cafeteria. Library access is free for readers with disabilities and their attendants, under certain conditions.
Automatic doors are installed at the entrance of the 27 and 30 rue Saint-Guillaume buildings.
- Adjustable tables are placed at 30 rue Saint-Guillaume Library (lower level reading room) and 27 rue Saint-Guillaume Library (ground floor).
- Hearing induction loops are available at all reference desks for hearing-impaired readers.
- Self-service checkout machine is accessible in each building
Specific areas were set up for readers with disabilities.
Two soundproof rooms in lower level reading room at 30 rue Saint-Guillaume are bookable online.
Group study rooms A and B, 1st floor, 27 rue Saint-Guillaume are accessible and bookable online.
In case of any problem for booking rooms, please contact email@example.com
- Jaws : voice synthesis software for Windows and documents
- Zoom Text : screen magnifier
- Adobe Digital Edition (for reading e-books)
- 4 PCs with braille keyboards connected to local and network printers as well as a braille embosser (room A)
- 2 image magnifiers connected to PC screens
- 2 scanners for digitizing documents, fitted with Omnipage 17 software (optical character recognition)
- 2 reading machines with integrated MP3 players for listening scanned documents
- 1 magnifying lamp (room A)
- 2 digital dictation software Dragon (PC 6601 room A et PC 5991 room B)
- 1 public phone (room A) to contact the Library accessibility assistant and the IT helpdesk at 01 45 49 77 99 (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
On all Sciences Po campuses, employees and students can borrow adapted equipments :
- amplifiers sound
- portable video magnifier ( weight 300g )
Electronic databases with integrated voice synthesis, in particular :
- EbookLibrary, for e-books
- Factiva, press database, for articles
- Vocale presse, access from your personal computer (please contact email@example.com )
- Gallica, more than 4 348 725 documents searchable and downloadable freely, provided with “ listen mode” allowing text reading by voice synthesis
- BNFA (Bibliothèque Numérique Francophone Accessible)
- Eole, la bibliothèque numérique de l’association Valentin Haüy
- Les bibliothèques sonores de l’association donneurs de voix
- BDEA, Le catalogue de l’édition adapté
- DVDs , french fictions and documentaries ( some of them with subtitles for the hearing impaired) and foreign fictions and documentaries (mostly in subtitled original version)
- “Read books” audio CDs, classic texts recordings.
Updated on 09/10/2018 - 11:02