Cambridge - Sciences Po Research Cooperation Agreement
The Cambridge – Sciences Po Research Cooperation Agreement, signed in 2017, was created to formalize and strengthen the longstanding partnership between the University of Cambridge and Sciences Po. For years both universities have collaborated in all manner of projects. The agreement provides a framework to further develop research links in disciplines including Politics, History and Public Policy, with a strong expectation that the collaboration will develop to include other areas of mutual interest.
Both parties have committed to the provision of matched funds to enhance their cooperation and enable other activities including:
- Joint workshops, lectures, symposia and conferences
- Research visits (visits from / to both institutions)
- Joint research collaborations and travel grants
- Visit of post-doc or PhD students
- Visiting professorship (short or mid-term) at both Sciences Po and Cambridge
Sciences Po Teaching Fellow positions will be open to post-doctoral and doctoral Cambridge students close to their thesis submission for teaching positions on one of Sciences Po’s three Anglophone undergraduate campuses in France (Reims, Menton or Le Havre). In addition to pursuing their research, selected applicants will be asked to teach 3 courses per semester.
Coordination & administration of the programme and calls for proposals
Applications for activities and collaborations within the scope of Research Cooperation Agreement will be selected jointly by its Scientific & Management Committee which will be responsible for coordinating the call for proposals to ensure that the opportunities will be visible and accessible to researchers from both institutions. There will be one call for proposals per annum. Depending on demand, a second call may be possible.
The first call for proposals within the scope of the agreement should be circulated in the Spring 2018. Further information will be provided with the call for proposals regarding selection criteria and the application process.
- Funding will be open to the wider Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences community of both institutions to maximise reach and impact.
- For larger projects, extra support through external funding is encouraged and can be coordinated through the development and research offices of both institutions.
- Applicants will also be able to pledge match-funding of their own in order to maximise scale.
- Donors may be invited to pledge for additional funding should it be needed.
Administration of programme within each university
- At Cambridge, calls will be advertised through the Cambridge Humanities Research Grant Scheme (‘CHRG’). The Research Cooperation Framework will be administered by CHRG with support from the School of Humanities and Social Science (‘SHSS’) and the School of Arts and Humanities (‘SAH’).
- At Sciences Po, the collaboration will be administered by the Centre for Europe (International affairs division).
- Cambridge and Sciences Po will each appoint an “Academic Director” who will jointly oversee the scientific lead and day-to-day management of the Research Cooperation Agreement.
For more information, please visit the Cambridge website.
Apply to the 2021-2022 CamPo Collaborative Research Grants Scheme
Deadline: 1st October 2021