Professionalisation during your studies
At the School of Public Affairs, students have the opportunity to complete internships throughout their academic studies.
- As part of a gap year between the 1st and 2nd year of the Master's programme. Internships carried out during a gap year are subject to validation by the student's academic supervisor. During this gap year, the student must justify a minimum of 9 months of activity (example: 1 internship of 6 months followed by an internship of 3 months or 2 successive internships of 6 months maximum).
- As part of the semester off campus (Semester 4). To be validated and credited, the internship carried out during the semester outside the classroom must last a minimum of 14 consecutive weeks, full-time in the same workplace.
Students may also complete optional internships during the break between semesters or during the summer months. They may also carry out optional internships during their studies, with the permission of their academic supervisor and on condition that these internships are secondary to their studies at the School of Public Affairs. The maximum weekly volume of these optional internships during the course semesters is set at 21h.
The possibility of completing the second year of the Master's program as an apprenticeship student is open to all students of the School of Public Affairs who are under 30 years of age and have a sufficient command of the French language (B2 level minimum), regardless of their Master's programme (Public Policy or European Affairs) and their stream.
Apprenticeship students follow a specific curriculum, adapted to their course (3 days at their host institution and 2 days at Sciences Po). The apprenticeship programme can be carried out in a wide variety of public or private organisations. Today, approximately 20% of students choose the apprenticeship option.
You are an Employer
If you would like to:
- Be informed about the profiles of the students of the School of Public Affairs;
- Recruit students and graduates for internships or employment;
- Be informed about career events exclusively for students in the School of Public Affairs.
Contact Marine Schneider, Career Manager at the School of Public Affairs: email@example.com.
To find out about career forums and events for all Sciences Po students, contact Sciences Po Carrières : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, to develop a partnership with Sciences Po, contact Sophie Salin, Head of Partnerships : email@example.com.