- Alumni & Donors
- News & Events
"Evaluation of Democracy" Research Group (EvalDem)
Advanced democracies all face significant political crises and a decline in democratic legitimacy. Evaluation practices are now widely used to report on democratic systems that condition the implementation of public policies.
In France, the use of these practices exists, but remains so far weakly developed. This is why the "Evaluation of Democracy" Research Group (EvalDem) aims to provide an interdisciplinary, comparative and innovative evaluation of the democratic nature of the production process of public policies.
The research projects carried out by the axis rely on the expertise of academic actors, as well as the public sector and civil society in order to involve policymakers and citizens enrolled in the democratic process.
Associated research projects :
- Long-term Evaluation of Public Policies: An Historical Investigation Into Colonial Policies in French Western Africa and its Impacts on Modern Political Attitudes and Intra-state Conflicts (2015)
- Evaluating the Impact of the July 2008 Constitutional Reform (2015, renewed 2016)
- Ethnicity and Policy : Ethnic Group Identity, Political Competition, and Policy Outcomes in Europe (ETHPOL) (2017)
The research group recent events:
- Seminar The Past and the Future of Welfare State Politics (May 15th 2019)
- Voting Power and the Supply of News Media: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from India
- Le prix de la démocratie
- 2nd Interdisciplinary Corruption Research (ICR) Forum
- Impromptu : discussion around the book "Pourquoi détestons-nous autant nos politiques"
Publications of the Research Group: