Master in Corporate Strategy
The Master in Corporate Strategy is Sciences Po's one-year program for young graduates interested in corporate strategy, entrepreneurship and humanities. It is the ideal program for serious students aspiring to become truly specialized corporate strategists in consulting firms or "in-house", within firms.
The program focuses on business fundamentals and, in particular, provides students with critical knowledge concerning financial and strategy skills. These foundational courses are contextualized and grounded in the humanities through Sciences Po's core curriculum courses in political science, law, sociology, history and economics and completed by specialized skills training.
In particular, the Master in Corporate Strategy will:
- Foster their analytical capacity through a multidisciplinary approach
- Develop their managerial skills
- Offer a privileged connection to Sciences Po's network of corporate partners and facilitate access to the labor market
- Prepare for recruitment processes all year long by providing intense and thorough interviews preparation and by leading job placements activities (corporate breakfasts, afterwork events in companies' headquarters, permanent job fairs,…)
Innovative teaching methods
The master emphasizes interdisciplinary analytical tools and hands-on training workshops as essential to understanding and performing in the field of corporate strategy.
The program is built on a case study approach that is further enriched by the experience and the diversity of the cohort. A high level of interaction is fostered by the small size of the class: the program enrolls 25 to 30 students a year from a wide variety of backgrounds (such as management, economics, law, engineering, and political sciences).
Students also have access to the full curriculum of Sciences Po's School of Management and Innovation in business, management, finance and economics as well as Sciences Po's graduate "common core curriculum" in the humanities. They may choose from a wide range of courses and workshops offered in English and French, according to their individual academic and professional needs and interests.
The Master draws upon Sciences Po's world-class faculty and its unparalleled network of experts. The program also mobilizes the Sciences Po alumni community, whose members are committed to mentoring and guiding students in their projects and career development as well as to teaching "master classes".
Core courses are taught by members of its permanent faculty – notably calling upon the deep knowledge and expertise of Sciences Po's Department of Economics in the field of microeconomics - and by adjunct professors who are leading industry specialists from Sciences Po's corporate partners.
Structure and Curriculum
One year Master programs are full-time, begin in end August and end in early July.
The program includes:
- The Fall Semester made up of core and electives courses
- The Spring semester made up of core and electives courses
- The Final Summer semester made up of advanced courses and which is dedicated to developing practical leadership and management/professional skills.
In addition to these courses, students in the program will be required to take at least one foreign language course per semester, chosen from Sciences Po's in-house offer of 10 languages. Non-French speakers are particularly encouraged to enroll in French language classes.
The Master in Corporate Strategy offers students the opportunity to prepare for professional certificates exams, optimising their chance of success.
The overall required number of credits is 100 ECTS, the equivalent of about 25 courses, which makes the curriculum one of the most demanding specialized master programs.
Please note: standard courses at Sciences Po are 24 contact hours (12 sessions of 2 hours, over 12 weeks) with about the same number of hours of work outside the classroom. One 24 hour-class is worth 4 ECTS credits.
"I feel more confident in my ability to achieve my professional goals"
When Leila Tazi enrolled in the one-year Master's programme in Corporate Strategy, she wasn't entirely confident of her ability to easily enter the job market. Only a few months after beginning the programme, she landed an internship with a leading consulting firm.
Read the interview with Leila Tazi
To be eligible, applicants must be in one of the following situations:
- Hold an undergraduate diploma (see academic criteria) and demonstrate at least three years of professional experience (internships during your studies not included).
- Currently preparing a Master degree (year one) or currently in fourth year of higher education and, ideally, some internship experience.
English proficiency is required
Tuition fees for the entire program are set at 21 000€ for the 2018-2019 academic year. Sciences Po awards scholarships to a select number of outstanding students that come in the form of tuition waivers, ranging from 10 to 50% of total fees.