Doctorate in Economics
The PhD in Economics at Sciences Po, supported by the Department of Economics, is now one of the very best European programs, as reflected by the recent recruitment of our students by top universities (UCLA, ENS Paris, HEC Paris, Carlos III).
This programme is designed to provide world-class theoretical and practical training in economics. It rains highly qualified economists for academic careers, and for careers that require the highest quality of doctoral training: international irganisations, think tanks, research organisations, public ministries, banks, insurers, etc.
The PhD program in economics trains top economists who seek to pursue university and academic careers in France or abroad, as well as careers requiring high-level doctoral training: in international organizations, think tanks, research institutions, government agencies, banks, and insurance companies.
Students seeking to pursue an international academic career are supported throughout the job market process. Many oral and written communication skills trainings are offered and members of the department of economics help prepare students for interviews and seminars.
Integration with the Economics Department
Students are affiliated with the Department of Economics, which provides them with a workspace and the best environment for drafting their dissertation. A professor from the Department of Economics serves as a primary supervisor to help guide their research. Their dissertation committee includes two additional professors.
Through the program’s seminars, doctoral worksho
- Yann Algan, Professeur des universités à Sciences Po
- Zsofia L. Barany, Assistant Professor à Sciences Po
- Johannes Boehm, Assistant Professeur
- Julia Cagé, Assistant Professeur
- Thomas Chaney, Professeur des Universités à Sciences Po
- Nicolas Coeurdacier, Assistant Professor à Sciences Po
- Quoc-Anh Do, Associate Professor à Sciences Po
- Ruben Durante, Assistant Professor à Sciences Po
- Roberto Galbiati, Assistant Professor à Sciences Po
- Alfred Galichon, Professeur à Sciences Po
- Sidartha Gordon, Associate Professor à Sciences Po
- Stéphane Guibaud, Assistant Professeur
- Serguei Guriev, Professeur
- Emeric Henry, Associate Professor à Sciences Po
- Elise Huillery, Assistant Professor à Sciences Po
- Koen Jochmans, Assistant Professor à Sciences Po
- Guy Laroque, Professor of Economics Sciences Po
- Philippe Martin, Professeur des universités à Sciences Po
- Thierry Mayer, Professeur des universités à Sciences Po
- Joan Monras, Assistant Professeur
- Florian Oswald, Assistant Professor
- Eduardo Perez-Richet, Professor of Economics
- Xavier Ragot (FR), Professeur des Universités à Sciences Po
- Jean-Marc Robin, Professeur des universités à Sciences Po et à l'University College in London, Directeur du Département d'économie
- Etienne Wasmer, Professeur des universités à Sciences Po
All students admitted at the PhD level will receive funding. The salary is competitive compared to international standards.
Additional funding is available for exceptional students in economics, history and macroeconomics thanks to the Marie Curie Initial Training Network MACROHIST.
Contacts and students reception
Director of Sciences Po's PhD in Economics : Emeric HENRY, Associate Professor at the Economics Department in Sciences Po
Executive Director of the Department of Economics : Guillaume SARRAT DE TRAMEZAIGUES
Administration Supervisor: Claudine LAMAZE
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Tél. : 33 (0)1 45 49 72 35
- Fax : +33 (0)1 42 22 40 26
Accueil des étudiants : Ecole Doctorale de Sciences Po - 199, boulevard Saint-Germain - 75007 Paris (3ème étage) - Bureau 328