Short Research Training Courses
Doctoral and masters students from different disciplines are encouraged to meet, to take the opportunity of short research training courses to learn from each other and to broaden their field of research. Inter-semester courses and seminars are offered outside the periods during which compulsory courses generally take place.
Inter-semester Courses => See the list of courses
- Lire, analyser et utiliser les études comportementales, by Lou AFRA
- Method series: Basic R - Basic Text analysis - Social Media Data, by Justin HO
- Event History Analysis, by Sukriti ISSAR
- Genre et recherche, by Réjane SÉNAC
- Ethics and Research integrity, by Nicolas SAUGER, Marion LEHMANS, Sophie FORCADELL
and Cyril HEUDE
- Assurer ses premiers enseignements dans le supérieur, by Véronique DUBOIS-BOUCHET
- ‘MATH+ECON+CODE’, Masterclass on Equilibrium Transport and Matching Models in Economics, by Alfred GALICHON
- Questioning Secrecy - Transdiciplinary approach and methods, by Didier BIGO and Benoît PELOPIDAS
- Introduction au Text mining, by Sebastian BILLOWS, Margot DELON, Franziska HEIMBURGER and Émilien RUIZ
- Analyse des réseaux sociaux : Atelier de formation Débutants, by Timothée CHABOT, Marie-Sophie DUMONT, Emmanuel LAZEGA and Claire LEMERCIER
Amandine le Bellec
Amandine le Bellec, PhD student in Political Science, Comparative Politics major
"I have been participating in the Gender and Research seminar organized by Réjane Sénac for almost three years (from my master's degree to my second year of thesis), and it continues to provide me with just as much. It allowed me to meet researchers with whom I still remain in contact today. I think it is an essential seminar for all those interested in gender issues" (Show more)
CIVICA seminars => Consult the seminar catalog
CIVICA is the European University of Social Sciences. It is one of the pilot European Universities selected by the European Commission in June 2019 under the Erasmus+ Programme.
The eight CIVICA partners are Bocconi University, Central European University, the European University Institute, the Hertie School, the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration in Romania, Sciences Po Paris the Stockholm School of Economics, and the London School of Economics.
CIVICA aims to prepare the next generation of global Europeans towards understanding and contributing to an increasingly complex world. Its main goal is to generate awareness and to share beneficial knowledge with academics, policy makers, and practitioners in order to provide constructive solutions to the transnational challenges faced by citizens worldwide.
CIVICA focuses on four domains of research and cooperation: challenges to democracy in the 21st Century; societies in transition and crises of earth; Europe revisited; and data driven technologies for the social sciences.
Through various existing and upcoming joint initiatives and opportunities, CIVICA enables doctoral fellows and researchers to exchange on ongoing research, team up for collaborative projects, and network with colleagues working on similar topics. CIVICA's offers at doctoral level also include an Early Stage Researcher course catalogue, summer schools, and methods and skills workshops.
Visit the CIVICA website : www.civica.eu
Some of these inter-semester courses and seminars are open to early stage researchers from CIVICA partner universities. Find out more about what doctoral and postdoctoral researchers say about CIVICA courses.