Law, Capitalism and Global Crisis: Revisi(ti)ng the Canons
- Umberto Boccioni, Elasticity (1912)
The idea behind this new Globinar – an online avatar of the traditional “PILAGG” seminar – is to open a discussion on the relationship between law, capitalism and crisis by revisiting various canonical texts, and putting them into perspective or making them dialogue with new ones.
The Globinar will run in a book-club format. Three convenors are asked to start a conversation (30 minutes maximum) about any one of the chosen texts or other materials, or the relationship between them. An informal discussion will ensue in which the participants will pick up any of these threads.
Globinar Series: Thursday Webinar, every two weeks, from September 24th 2020 at 6pm (CEST).
- 24 September 2020 : Capitalism’s Histories
- 8 October 2020 : Capitalism’s Language
- 22 October 2020: Capitalism’s Constitution
- 5 November 2020: Capitalism’s Gender
- 19 Novembre 2020: Capitalism's Resources
- 3 December 2020: Capitalism’s Religion
- 17 December 2020: Capitalism’s Experts
IMPORTANT: Registration to follow on invitation. Registered participants will receive access to the readings (including an abridged version of the chosen texts designed to support and encourage discussion) and a suggested list of issues on which discussion might focus.