Students, faculty, external readers: do not forget your card !
Students, faculty, external readers : Do not forget your card and present your bag to the security officers!
External readers : only users holding a valid library card and an ID will be admitted.
External readers may be granted library access, upon an interview with a librarian to determine their legitimate research needs. Library cards are issued to external readers for a fee (except Summer cards).
- Sciences Po students: the Sciences Po student ID card serves as a library card.
This card is non-transferable and required for entry into the library and for borrowing library materials. In case of a lost card, a replacement will be issued by the Registrar’s Office, for a fee of €30.
- Sciences Po faculty: the faculty ID card, which is issued by the Faculty Services Office, serves as a library card.
- FNSP researchers and employees:a free library card is issued upon presentation of proof of Sciences Po affiliation at the library’s reception desk (ground floor, 30 rue Saint-Guillaume).
- IEP Paris alumni (free upon presentationg of a Sciences Po Alumni card)
- members of the French Political Science Association (with proof of membership) - Master's level required
- political science Master's or PHD students and faculty (upon presentation of a card or attestation, mentioning the discipline)
Eligibility for access dependent upon an interview with a librarian to determine legitimate research needs:
- researchers and university faculty
- Master's or PHD students
- individuals needing, as part of their professional activity, access to our special collections, subject to the library’s capacity
For all readers:
- proof of residence less than 3 months old (electricity, gas, or telephone bill, rental agreement)
Depending on your status:
|Sciences Po Alumni||Sciences Po Alumni card (for a free card) or your old Sciences Po student card|
|Members of the French Political Science Association (Master's level required)||AFSP proof of membership|
|Master's or PHD students in political science||Valid student card, mentioning the discipline|
|Political science researchers and faculty||Valid faculty card mentioning the discipline or a proof of institutional affiliation|
|Master's or PHD students||- Valid student card
- Research attestation with a bibliography demonstrating need to access our collections
|Researchers and faculty||Valid faculty card|
|Professionals||- Professional card
- Letter from employer describing research needs
Thank you for filling out our pre-registration form. Your library card will be issued upon presentation of required documents and after a successful interview.
Your library card will not be automatically renewed.
You will need to demonstrate ongoing research needs and provide updated versions of all required documents listed above.
To fill out the pre-registration form you will need your card number, username, and password.
1 week library card: 15 €
Borrowing privileges : maximum 6 items (from closed stacks: 6 books or periodicals for 3 days / open access: consultation onsite only - no borrowing)
Library card: 1 month: 35 € / 6 months: 85 € / 1 year: 130 €
Borrowing privileges: closed stacks items for 1 month / open access items for 15 days
Payment : cash, check, or credit card
- Discounts (½ price): for AFSP members (Master's level required), students and faculty from other IEPs
- No fee for foreign scholarship students, French need-based scholarship students, members of the Sciences-Po Alumni Association, political scientists (faculty and PHD students) from research centers listed in the following list, job seekers, RSA recipients and social assistance beneficiaries, persons with disabilities (card required) and their attendants, and librarians.
- Lost card replacement : 18 € (free upon presentation of a declaration of loss or theft issued by competent authorities)
SUMMER LIBRARY FREE CARDS
In June and July, you* can register for free without producing a research certificate.
Document to present: a proof of residence less than 3 months old (electricity, gas or telephone bill, rental agreement).
[* Undergraduates and students: card required ]
Research institutions and centers, once their applications are accepted by the library’s administrative coordinator, are issued a group card.
The card may be used by a maximum of 10 readers. A list of authorized readers must be attached to the order form.
- Fee : 400 € for one year
- Borrowing privileges: closed stacks items for 1 month / open access items for 15 days
Order forms must indicate the name and email of contact person, number of cards ordered, fee per card, and billing address if different from delivery address. Renewals must also include the card name and number.
Send order forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Bibliothèque de Sciences Po – Service des Cartes collectives
27 rue Saint Guillaume
75337 Paris Cedex 07
Library reception desk: 30, rue Saint-Guillaume, ground floor
Tél. : 33 (0)1 45 49 56 34
- Monday to Friday 10.30am-7pm / Saturday 9.30am-1:30pm and 2:30pm-5.30pm
- Monday to Friday 10:30am-5:45pm during university vacations