Students, faculty, external users: Do not forget your card !
Students, faculty, external users : Do not forget your card and be prepared to present your bag to security officers!
Sciences Po users
Originally established to provide support for teaching and research at Sciences Po, the library is primarily dedicated to serving the needs of Sciences Po students, faculty, and researchers.
- Sciences Po students: The Sciences Po student ID card serves as a library card.
This card is non-transferable and is required for entry into the library and for borrowing library materials. In case of a lost card, a replacement will be issued by the Registrar’s Office, for a fee of €30.
- Sciences Po faculty: The faculty ID card, which is issued by the Faculty Services Office, serves as a library card.
- FNSP researchers and staff: the reader's account is freely activated by sending to the e-mail address email@example.com: a copy of their contract and their professional card number, or the certificate issued by the Sciences Po research center.
External users may be granted Paris campus library access, upon justification of their research during an interview with a librarian.
They will have access to the collections, the materials loan/return service and electronic resources only on site (Sciences Po Secure wifi or Sciences Po IP address).
External readers do not have remote access to electronic resources and online journals, and cannot benefit from Interlibrary Loan services.
The registration request is done online via a form.
If you have already registered, it is accessible if your subscription is inactive and your password is valid.
Your registration request must be completed by sending the required supporting documents.
- IEP Paris alumni (free upon presentationg of a Sciences Po Alumni valid membership receipt)
- members of the French Political Science Association (½ price registration with proof of membership) - master's level required
- political science master's or PHD students and faculty (upon presentation of a card or attestation, mentioning the discipline)
- PhD students, researchers and university faculty belonging to one of the research centres listed in the Cartographie de la Science Politique en France (upon submission of a certificate of affiliation)
- students (master's level required), researchers and university faculty from one of Sciences Po's partner universities listed (free registration upon submission of a copy of a valid school card or certificate)
Eligibility for access based on interview with a librarian to determine legitimate research needs:
- researchers and university faculty
- master's or PHD students
- individuals needing, as part of their professional activity, access to our special collections, subject to library capacity
Mandatory documents to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill out a registration form.
If you were previously a student or teacher at Sciences Po or registered as a reader, please indicate that you were previously registered at the library (then enter your first name.last name and the associated password).
You will have access if your subscription is inactive and you have not forgotten your password.
The registration will be validated only after sending the requested documents and after the interview.
For all users:
- Copy of a proof of address less than three months old in your name (French or foreign address): water, electricity, gas or telephone bill (including cell phone), or tax notice or certificate of non-taxation, or insurance receipt (fire, rental risks or civil liability) for the accommodation, or rent receipt.
Identification and bank documents do not serve as proof of address.
- a photo .jpeg
Depending on your status:
|Sciences Po Paris Alumni||Copy of valid Sciences Po Alumni membership receipt (for free registration) or former student card or school certificate|
|Members of the French Political Science Association (master's level required)||Copy of valid AFSP proof of membership|
|Master's or PHD students in political science||Copy of the school certificate or the student card mentioning the discipline, in the course of validity|
|Master's or PHD students||- Copy of the school certificate or the student card, in the course of validity
- Research certification with a bibliography demonstrating need to access our collections
|Researchers and faculty||Copy of the valid faculty card or a certificate of institutional affiliation mentioning the discipline|
|PhD students, researchers and university faculty belonging to one of the research centers listed in the Cartographie de la Science Politique en France||Valid certificate of affiliation|
|Students (master's level required), researchers and university faculty from one of Sciences Po's partner universities listed||- Copy of the school certificate or the student card, in the course of validity
- Copy of valid certificate of affiliation
|Professionals||- Valid professional card
- Letter from employer describing research needs
Your library card will not be automatically renewed.
You will need to demonstrate ongoing research needs and provide updated versions of all required documents listed above.
Please fill out the registration form if your user account has expired (you will need your username, and password) and send the required documents by e-mail to email@example.com.
1-week library card: 15 €
Borrowing privileges: maximum 6 items (closed stacks: 6 books or periodicals for 3 days / open access: onsite consultation only - non-circulating)
Library card: 1 month: 35 € / 6 months: 85 € / 1 year: 130 €
Borrowing privileges: closed stacks items for 1 month / open access items for 15 days
Payment : cash, check, or credit card
- Discounts (½ price): for AFSP members (master's level required), students and faculty from other IEPs
- No fee for foreign scholarship students, French need-based scholarship students, members of the Sciences Po Alumni Association, PhD students, researchers and university faculty belonging to one of the research centres listed in the Cartographie de la Science Politique en France, students (master's level required), researchers and university faculty from one of Sciences Po's partner universities, job seekers, RSA recipients and social assistance beneficiaries, persons with disabilities (card required) and their attendants, and librarians.
- Lost card replacement : 18 € (free upon presentation of a declaration of loss or theft issued by a competent authorities)
A library card is required for entry into the library, for borrowing library materials, and for consulting electronic resources onsite.
Research institutions and centres, once their applications are accepted by the library’s administrative coordinator, are issued a group card.
The card may be used by a maximum of 10 users. A list of authorized readers must be attached to the order form.
- Fee : 400 € for one year
- Borrowing privileges: closed stacks items for 1 month / open access items for 15 days
Order forms must indicate the name and email of contact person, number of cards requested, fee per card, and billing address if different from delivery address. Renewals must also include the card name and number.
Send order forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Bibliothèque de Sciences Po –
Service des Cartes collectives
27 rue Saint Guillaume
75337 Paris Cedex 07
Library reception desk: only online by registration form and email@example.com
Tél. : 33 (0)1 45 49 53 00