Press clipping files
La Bibliothèque de Sciences Po a, entre 1945 et 2005, constitué des dossiers de coupures de presse sur l'actualité politique, économique, sociale et culturelle de la France et de chacun des pays et régions du monde.
From 1945 to 2005, the Sciences Po Library compiled press clipping files on current events in politics, economics, society, and culture, in France and abroad.
- The collection contains 18,000 files, from 1945 to 2005.
- Each file contains around 300 press clippings, opinion articles and analyses from a representative selection of French and foreign periodicals.
- The files are listed in the library’s general catalogue, indicated by the following icon .
The oldest portion of the collection (1945-1970 primarily, all countries and regions of the world, and international relations) is in the process of being digitized and can be consulted both directly from the library catalogue and from an online database.
In the catalogue, digitized files are indicated by the following icon .
Caution! These files may be consulted by authorized users only from computer terminals in the Library and on the Sciences Po campus.
Certain collections of digitized press files constitute valuable resources of considerable historical interest on various subjects and historical periods.
For example, The End of Colonies (FR) is a major collection bringing together all online files dealing with colonial empires and their disintegration, as well as those on the memory of colonialism, from 1945 to 2005.
Around 1,200 files on the following topics related to French history are kept only in microfiche form:
- Fourth Republic: 1945-1958
- Indochina War: 1945-1954
- Political parties and elections: 1958-1988
In the catalogue, they are indicated by the letters MF (=microform) at the start of the summary corresponding to each volume.
To view these materials (onsite only), you must make an appointment: lower level reading room (level -1), 30 rue St-Guillaume.
Tel: +33 (0)22.214.171.124.82
Files must be requested through the online catalogue before 3:30pm for retrieval the next day after 10:30am.
For information concerning press files:
- Reference desks, ground floor, 27 or 30 rue Saint-Guillaume
- Telephone: 33 (0)126.96.36.199.00 / 33 (0)188.8.131.52.96
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lower level reading room (level -1), 30 rue Saint-Guillaume
(see opening hours)