The School of Public Affairs trains nearly 2000 students of 48 different nationalities, from two-year master’s degrees, from the French and European competitive exam preparations and the one-year master’s degrees.
The diversity of the student cohort is not only based on nationality or languages, but on a diverse range of academic backgrounds. Students may come from the Sciences Po Undergraduate programme having just returned from their third year abroad. Other incoming students have backgrounds in Economics, Law, Political Science, History, Literature, Languages, Geography, while still others enter with degrees in hard or applied science.
Our student life activities are organised by the Sciences Po student associations, and in particular by the Association of the School of Public Affairs (AEAP) which enthusiastically carries out three main missions:
- to contribute to student involvement in the School;
- to assist in building strong ties between students and professionals;
- to strengthen the visibility of the School’s programmes by working to convey an image of excellence of the School of Public Affairs.
The AEAP’s team has been selected to represent the diversity of the School of Public Affairs. In addition to the committee, composed of the President, two Vice Presidents representing the two Master programmes of the School, the Treasurer and the Secretary General, the AEAP is run by 23 students organised into different sectors:
- three thematic sectors (events, partnerships and communication) that are dedicated to the general organisation of our activities;
- policy streams officers who are in charge of representing the students in their policy stream and organising events related to their policy streams.