- Alumni & Donors
- The Center
- Research Training
Home > Benedetta Voltolini
King’ College London, Department of European and International Studies
Lobbying in EU foreign policy, Social Network Analysis, Processes of framing and knowledge construction, Arab-Israeli conflict, EU external relations towards the Mediterranean
Benedetta Voltolini joined King’s College London as Lecturer in European Foreign Policy in January 2018. She holds a PhD in International Relations from the London School of Economics and Political Science. Before moving to King’s College, she was Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research Fellow at the Centre for European Studies and Comparative Politics of Sciences (2015-2017), Lecturer in International Relations at Maastricht University (2013-2015) and spent research periods at the EU Institute for Security Studies in Paris (2010), the Freie Universität in Berlin (2012) and Sciences Po (2013). Her research interests include lobbying in EU foreign policy, EU external policies towards the Middle East and North Africa, the Arab-Israeli conflict and processes of framing and knowledge construction.
- Lobbying in EU foreign policy
- EU external policies towards the Middle East and North Africa
- The Arab-Israeli conflict
- EU policies vis-à-vis occupations in the neighbourhood
- Processes of framing and knowledge construction
Research project.s at the CEE
Two major ongoing research projects are pursued in cooperation with members of the CEE :
- ‘Lobbying and Diplomacy in/of the EU: Two Faces of the Same Coin?’, investigating the similarities/differences between the practices of lobbying and diplomacy in and of the EU.
- ‘The Framing of Crises in Europe’. The objective is to take stock of existing research on crises and, more importantly, to question the idea of ‘crisis’, looking at processes of framing/narrative construction of these crises, the actors that are involved in these processes and the implications that the definition of a set of events as crisis has on policy-making and power relations in Europe.
To know more
- Benedetta Voltolini's feedback on LOBFRAM, her Marie Curie's research
- Link to Benedetta Voltolini's institutional page