- Alumni & Donors
- The Center
- Research Training
- Soutien à Fariba Adelkhah
Home > Events
Sciences Po, Paris, 13-15 June 2018
The European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) is an independent scholarly association, established in 1970. Its 350 institutional members across around 50 countries represent the leading universities, students and senior academics engaged in the research and teaching of political science worldwide.
The ECPR supports and encourages the training, research and cross national co-operation of political scientists in a number of ways: a programme of world renowned conferences and events and a cutting edge Methods School, all with funding opportunities for members; a prestigious publishing portfolio which includes book series and three leading journals; its own publishing imprint, ECPR Press; and a range of high profile prizes celebrating academic achievement throughout the discipline.
The Standing Group on the European Union (SGEU) is broad based standing group affiliated to the European Consortium for Political Research.
ECPR’s Standing Group on the European Union (SGEU) promotes co-ordination and collaboration among political scientists interested in the blooming area of research on the EU. The Standing Group, one of the most populous in the ECPR, enjoys wide recognition.
Primarily a group of political scientists, the SGEU also fosters collaboration across social science disciplines, including anthropology, economics, law, sociology, and social psychology, with a substantive focus on the EU.
SGEU’s main activities cover:
- a biennial pan-European conference;
- summer schools;
- organising and sponsoring Workshops, Panels and Sessions at ECPR events, and any major political science conference;
- maintenance of a mailing list, a news service and a website.
Videos of the Events
| Plenary Roundtable Whither European integration – Addressing EU internal and external challenges";
Wednesday 13th, June 2018
|JEPP Keynote Lecture with Professor Catherine de Vries "Euroscepticism and the Future of European Integration";
Thursday 14th, June 2018
| Semi Plenary Roundtable "Brexit: Where are we, and where are we headed";
Friday, 15th June 2018
| LIEPP Roundtable "Europe in Political Turmoil. Explaining Party Politics and Electoral Dynamics in European Welfare Democracies";
Friday, June 15th 2018
- Virginie Guiraudon, ECPR - SGEU Convenor, CNRS Journal
- Florence Haegel, Sciences Po website
- Virginie Guiraudon, Conference academic convernor and Catherine de Vries, university of Essec, video
- Herman Van Rompuy's return on Roundtable "Brexit: Where are we, and where are we headed", Prospect
To know more
La 22ème Conférence Internationale des Européanistes, organisée par le Council for European Studies, se tenait pour la première fois à Sciences Po du 8 au 10 juillet 2015. Elle a rassemblé 1500 experts en sciences sociales sur le thème "Contradictions : envisager les futurs européens" (programme détaillé - EN).
|''Envisioning Europe's Economic Future from a Long-Term Historical Perspective'' with Thomas Piketty|
|"Envisioning European Futures", Part 1: Kim Scheppele of Princeton University presents on "The Moral Challenge to Europe", 8 July 2015||"Envisioning European Futures", Part 2: Peter Hall of Harvard University presents on "Is there a future for egalitarian democracy in Europe?", 8 July 2015|
- Thomas Piketti, author of the best-seller Le Capital au XXIème siècle, spoke on the European institutions and the Greek crisis, video
- Jenny Andersson, co chair of the conference, video