McMillan-Stewart Foundation Scholarship
The Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation was established in 2005 to realize the vision of its founder, Geneviève McMillan (1922-2008), and to commemorate the life and work of her friend, the artist Reba Stewart (1930-1971). The scholarship celebrates McMillan's passion for the African continent.
Since 2010, the McMillan-Stewart Foundation has partnered with the Sciences Po American Foundation to offer merit-based scholarships to give access to France’s higher education system to meritorious African students from sub-Saharan African countries. This will be done specifically through the undergraduate Europe Africa program of Sciences Po.
The Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence, social criteria as well as the criteria as listed below:
- Candidates must be citizen of a sub-Saharan African country
- Candidates must have completed their high school education in a sub-Saharan African country and
- Candidates must be accepted to Sciences Po's undergraduate Europe-Africa programme
Successful students will receive a scholarship covering the full Sciences Po tuitions fees every year, for the duration of their undergraduate studies programme. Depending on the financial needs, an additional grant to cover living expenses may also be awarded.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
(1) Candidates must first apply to study at Sciences Po undergraduate Europe Africa program. Applications should be completed on Sciences Po's Admissions website.
(2) Candidates must also apply for the Emile Boutmy scholarship before February 23, 2023.
(3) Applicants should submit the following application materials to the Sciences Po American Foundation (email@example.com) by June 1, 2023, 2:00 PM Eastern Time:
- A personal statement explaining motivation for the McMillan Stewart Foundation Scholarship (250 words)
For all questions, you may contact the Office of Admissions, through the online contact form.