- Alumni & Donors
- The Department
- Resources and services
A number of research centres at Sciences Po conduct research in sociology
- Sciences Po
A number of research centres at Sciences Po conduct research in political science
Political science is one of the major disciplines at research centres and programs :
- Centre d’études européennes whose main scientific project is based on a multidisciplinary approach to politics. Its principal areas of research are structured by three interdisciplinary axes: understanding European construction and its impact, analysing the interaction between policy and politics, investing in methodological issues.
- The Centre for Political Research / Centre de recherches politiques de Sciences Po (CEVIPOF) which analyses the major political currents that shape political forces and institutions, and the factors that contribute towards orienting political behaviours and attitudes.
- The Centre for International Research (CERI) which creates dialogue between a number of disciplines, including political sociology, anthropology, history, political economics, international relations and political philosophy. Its empirical foundations, grounded in linguistic and on-the-ground expertise, allow research at CERI to make an outstanding contribution to conceptual debates in the social sciences. The centre’s work is rooted in a comparative tradition that valorises the historical trajectories of the societies studied.
- The MaxPo : MaxPo’s research investigates how individuals, organizations, and nation-states are coping with the new forms of economic and social instability that have developed in Western societies as a result of policy shifts, the expansion of markets, technological advances, and cultural changes. Located at Sciences Po Paris and cooperating closely with the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies (MPIfG) in Cologne, the Center aims to contribute substantially to the social sciences in Europe and to enrich academic and political dialogue between France and Germany.
- LIEPP (Interdisciplinary Research Center or the Evaluation of Public Policies), which is a “laboratory of excellence” (Labex) chosen by an international scientific jury chosen by the Agence nationale de la recherche (ANR), and which studies and evaluates public policy from an interdisciplinary perspective. The three major research centres of the Department of Sociology (CSO, OSC and CEE) are directly involved in the research carried out by this laboratory.