Jean-Pierre FiliuFull Professor
Phone: +33145495147 - firstname.lastname@example.org
He served also as an adviser to the Prime minister (2000-2002), to the Minister of Defense (1991-93), and to the Minister of Interior (1990-91). Prof. Filiu was a career diplomat from 1988 to 2006, following humanitarian missions in Afghanistan (1986) and Lebanon (1983-84). He was assigned to Amman, before becoming Deputy Chief of mission in Damascus and Tunis.
Prof. Filiu's Apocalypse in Islam (University of California Press, 2011) was awarded the main prize by the French History Convention. His works and articles about contemporary Islam and the Arab world have been published in a dozen languages. Prof. Filiu also wrote the script of Best of Enemies, a graphic novel about US in the Middle East (the first of three volumes is already out with Self Made Hero). His Arab Revolution, ten lessons from the democratic uprising was published in 2011 by Hurst (London) and Oxford University Press (New-York).
President François Hollande appointed Prof. Filiu in July 2012 as one of the members of the draft committee that releases the White Book for Defense and National Security.
The Middle East in international relations; Contemporary history of the Middle East; Social and political change in the Middle East
The Middle East in international relations, Contemporary history of the Middle East, Social and political change in the Middle East
- Establishment : Sciences Po, title : Conflicts and negotiations in the Middle East, (level : master),
- Establishment : Sciences Po, title : History of the Palestine question, (level : master),
- Establishment : Sciences Po, title : Introduction to the history of contemporary Middle East, (level : licence),
- Establishment : Sciences Po, title : Introduction to the history of the Arab and Muslim world, (level : licence)
English, Arabic, Spanish
- The Long and Troubled History of the French Republic and Islam (Contribution à un site web)
- Pour Fariba Adelkhah et Roland Marchal. Chercheurs en périls (Direction d'ouvrage)
- Faire communauté (Chapitre d’ouvrage)
- Algérie, la nouvelle indépendance (Ouvrage)
- Abdelfattah Sissi (Chapitre d’ouvrage)
- When the “Stability” Europeans Are Proud of, Fuels Insecurity in the Mediterranean (Partie de rapport)
- Main basse sur Israël (Ouvrage)
- Portrait of Abdel Fattah al-Sisi - President of the Arab Republic of Egypt (Contribution à un site web)
- Entretien - Repenser les révolutions arabes au regard du « moment révolutionnaire » (Contribution à un site web)
- Modern Mamluks and Arab counter-revolution (Chapitre d’ouvrage)