- Join our Team - @penguiin_shutterstock
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER REPCHANCE PROJECT
Centre d’études européennes et de politique comparée (UMR 8239)
We are seeking to appoint a post-doctoral researcher to work with Prof Laura Morales (the PI) in the project “REPCHANCE – Spain and the United Kingdom”
REPCHANCE – Spain and the United Kingdom is funded by the Robert Bosch Foundation and will focus on the processes that place barriers to the inclusion of migrants and their descendants in social and political positions of leadership. This project forms part of a cross-national collaboration including researchers in Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland. The project led from Sciences Po will study these topics for Spain and the United Kingdom, drawing also on some elements of comparison for France and Italy stemming from a previous project led by Prof Morales (INCLUSIVEPARL).
Type of contract: Fixed-duration contract (CDD d’usage) for 20 months.
Gross salary: Salary of between €2,800 and €3,200 per month (depending on qualifications and experience) for a full-time position (bruts mensuels).
Other contributions: partial contribution for transportation card within Paris (Passe Navigo) and restaurant tickets.
The appointment is for a start date of 1st October 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter) and the contract duration is for 20 months (currently, no extension of this contract is envisaged).
Please send (1) a cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications for the role, and how you feel you meet the requirements for the position, (2) a CV and (3) a sample of single-authored written piece of work in English that includes, ideally, both qualitative or quantitative empirical analysis to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 pm (noon) on Monday 22 July.
Interviews are planned for the weeks of 22 and 29th August.
We are seeking to appoint a post-doctoral researcher that will undertake the following range of tasks:
- Coordinating all deliverables and data collection/analysis for the project;
- Contributing to the collection of biographical data for House of Commons Members of Parliament in the UK;
- Leading on and contributing to the drafting of four reports (two intermediate and two final reports) on the British and Spanish cases, respectively, in English;
- Writing the executive (summarised) reports on the two countries that will be used for a joint comparative report that will be produced by the German team of the international collaboration;
- Contributing to the preparation of qualitative fieldwork, as well as the supervision of interview transcription and analysis for the British case;
- Contributing to the supervision of the work undertaken by a 50% part-time research assistant that will focus on the Spanish case;
- Being responsible for the maintenance and version control of the data collected, including the preparation of Data Management Plans and any other formal Personal Data Protection requirements established by Sciences Po or the Robert Bosch Foundation. This will also include inputting of data and its safe storage using the agreed protocols, as defined by the research team Sciences Po’s research data protection policy;
- Prepare and undertake data analysis and tests using quantitative and qualitative techniques and approaches agreed with the Principal Investigator and the rest of the team;
- Attending all meetings of the international consortium;
- Contributing to the preparation and delivery of all dissemination activities of the project;
- Actively contributing to (and where necessary, leading) academic publications stemming from the project, also including the preparation of any replication data submission for journals, as required;
- Supporting the PI in all administrative and project management tasks as required;
- Identifying and understanding work requirements prioritising tasks and responsibilities within an agreed timeframe agreed with the PI;
- The post holder will be required to effectively manage their time to deliver on the priorities of the project. The post holder will need to plan ahead to ensure the research is delivered in accordance with the overall research objectives and deadlines. This may include defining tasks and schedules, organising meetings, preparing intermediate reports on data and findings, and contributing to the project final report.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A PhD in Politics or Political Sociology with a substantive or methodological focus relevant to the project;*
- Demonstrable training and experience using quantitative and qualitative research methods and techniques at least in the PhD thesis;*
- An expertise, backed up by research experience, in the politics of at least two of the countries covered by the project (France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom) in one or several of the following fields: political representation, legislatures, political institutions or political parties;*
- Research experience in subjects or projects relevant to the research project;*
- Experience in primary qualitative and quantitative data collection;
- Proficiency in English (oral and for academic writing) and French, and reading proficiency in at least one more of the following languages: Italian and Spanish;*
- Proven ability of social science data input, management and analysis with Excel;*
- Intermediate-level quantitative analysis skills (e.g. up to multivariate regression analysis);*
- Proven ability to write up research findings;*
- Ability to take initiative, self-manage and contribute intellectually to the overall project;
- Expertise with relevant office packages;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Good oral and written communication skills;*
- Attention to detail.*
Desirable, but not essential:
- Prior research experience in externally funded projects;*
- A track record of international collaboration in social science research or consultancy experience;
- Experience of supervising other more junior researchers;
- Experience in writing reports for funders;
- Experience in undertaking qualitative interviews in the context of short-term projects;*
- Evidence of research activity coherent with the project focus (such as involvement in previous projects and/or publications related to the subject matter).
- (*Criteria to be used to shortlist candidates for interview)
Les recrutements clos
Professeur des Universités en sociologie
Chargé ou Chargée de communication H/F
Chargé (e) de médiation scientifique (FSEP, CNRS Délégation Ile-de-France Villejuif)
Postdoc Researcher Espon Imagine project
Postdoc Researcher H2020 - Project BRIDGES
ou un d'une ou d’un chercheur postdoctorant pour la chaire « Villes, Logement, Immobilier » (CDD 16 mois)
Une ou un assistant de recherche pour le programme “Transitions énergétiques en France” (CDD 2 mois 1/2)
Assistant Professor (tenure track) en science politique / politique comparée des transitions écologiques.