- Alumni & Donors
- About us
Master in European Affairs
The Master in European Affairs offers a comprehensive programme of instruction for students keen to embark on European careers, whether in the European or national public sector or in the private sector. It brings together students from over 35 countries and a faculty with the same multicultural profile, comprised of academics, researchers and European or French civil servants, together with the best practitioners from the European "galaxy".
The objectives of this Master are to educate specialists in European questions able to adapt easily to a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment. In order to enhance their curriculum, students have to choose a policy stream among one of the twelve offered by the School.
Students can also attend the preparation for Administrator (AD5) organized by EPSO by following CPCE classes.
Structure of the curriculum
To equip our students with a multidimensional and panoramic vision, the curriculum is built around a thorough core module in public economics, law, public policy and ethics, with a historical and comparative approach to European affairs.
The School also offers a broad range of policy streams of specialization in public and European affairs, taught in French or in English, completed by elective courses that examine current policy debates with insight from academics and practitioners, and opportunities offered by the Policy Lab (case studies, simulations, Civic Tech) to bridge the gap between theory and practice, decision and action.
During the fourth semester, students choose between undertaking an internship, studying at a partner university, writing a master thesis or doing an individual project, depending on their professional project.
- Digital, New Technology and Public Policy (in English) – available for 2017 intake
- Economics and Public Policy (in English)
- Europe in the world (offered in PSIA, in English)
- Management and Public Affairs (in English) – available for 2017 intake
- Markets and Regulation (in English)
- Politics and Public Policy (in English)
- Social Policy and Social Innovation (in English) – available for 2017 intake
- Cultural policy and management (in English or in French ) - available for 2017 intake
- Energy, Resources and Sustainability (in English or in French)
- Global Health (in English or in French) – available for 2017 intake
- Security and Defense (in French) – available for 2017 intake
- Public Administration (in French) – available for 2017 intake
In order to register in French policy streams, a French language test is required. For policy streams taught in English, an English language test is mandatory. For more information about languages levels, please consult the Sciences Po admissions website.
Master Schedule (2 years)
For more information, please contact us.
Freie Universität, LSE, Saint Gallen, Fudan, Bocconi: the master of european affairs' dual degree programmes.