- Alumni & Donors
- About PSIA
- PSIA Master Programs
- Master in International Security
- Master in International Public Management
- Master in International Economic Policy
- Master in Environmental Policy
- Environmental Science and Policy (PSIA-Paris VI)
- Master in International Development
- Master in Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- Master in International Energy
- Master in Journalism and International Affairs
- One-year Tracks
- PSIA Concentration Programs
- PSIA Fundamental Courses
- International Dual Degrees
- PSIA Master Programs
- Dual Degrees & Academic Partnerships
- Partnerships with major institutions
- Partnerships with foundations
- Partnerships with media
Home > Partnerships > Dual Degrees & Academic Partnerships > International Dual Degrees > Dual Degree - Stockholm School of Economics
Dual Degree - Stockholm School of Economics
A high standard collaboration
Sciences Po and SSE (Stockholm School of Economics), both APSIA -Association of Professional School of International Affairs- members, have come together to offer graduate students a cross-disciplinary dual degree, leading to a Master's degree from Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po and either the MSc in Economics, the MSc in Finance or the MSc in Business & Management from SSE, thus uniting their efforts in an area they both excel in.
This specific 2-year framework is based on mutual recognition of existing curricula at each school. It offers a top-level education in the area of international affairs and economics to participating students, giving them the opportunity to develop a top-level career in diplomacy, international organizations or other areas of social engagement.
Students enrol at both institutions and can thus benefit from a wider Alumni network.
Programme of studies
This programme involves one year of study at Sciences Po, focusing on International Affairs at PSIA (Paris School of International Affairs) and one year at SSE, studying Business administration, Finance and/or Economics.
On completion of their studies, successful candidates will receive two master’s degrees, one from each institution. This Dual degree is a very demanding programme, with an intensive workload.
The Dual Degree Sciences Po – SSE lasts two academic years.
The first year will be spent at Sciences Po, focusing in International Affairs at PSIA (Paris School of International Affairs), in one of the 7 following Masters:
- International Security
- International Public Management
- International Economic Policy
- Environmental Policy
- International Development
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- International Energy
The teaching language is English, but French-speaking students are free to take a few courses in French.
Programme 2015-2016 :
- Semester 1 | Download PSIA Schedule, Fall semester (PDF - 217 Ko)
- Semestre 2 | Download Schedule, spring semester (PDF - 284 Ko)
The second year will take place at SSE, in one of the 3 following Masters:
Candidates to the dual degree apply through Sciences Po’s website. Online admissions open in October. More information on admissions.
Applications must be filled in online. This application is specific to the Dual Degree program and is not transferable to other programs at either institution. Students who wish to be considered for admission to other Sciences Po programmes must fulfil all relevant application requirements for those programs.
For information on application deadlines.
The dual degree is open to all candidates worldwide. Applicants do not have to be already enrolled at Sciences Po or SSE to apply to the dual degree.
- An undergraduate level degree (Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Sciences/licenciatura/licence) at the time of entry to Sciences Po.
- A Masters level degree (magistr or magistracy, for example) for countries in which universities do not award undergraduate qualifications.
- For applicants having attended German or Austrian universities, a Vordiplom/Zwischenprüfung/Diplomprüfung (the equivalent of 120 credits) and a complete year of students at postgraduate level/second cycle (Hauptstudium - the equivalent of 60 credits).
- For applicants having attended Russian universities, a Bakalavr or Specialist qualification.
- A verified GMAT score of at least 600 or a GRE test score of at least 155 (quantitative) with a recommended score for analytical writing (either test) of 4.5 or higher.
- Proficiency in English, verified through IELTS score of 7 or more, TOEFL total score of 100 or more (internet based) or a Bachelor degree from a program conducted completely in English
Students are requested to choose their specialization for the second year of the programme at SSE during the application process.
Specific admission requirements, depending on the SSE tracks students will apply to:
- Economics: applicants are expected to have successfully completed 90 ECTS in Social Sciences, with a minimum of 30 ECTS in Economics
- Finance: applicants are expected to have successfully completed at least 90 ECTS in Social Sciences with a minimum of 30 ECTS in Economics, Finance, Accounting and Financial Management, at least half of which especially in Finance.
- Business & Management, specialization in Management: applicants are expected to have successfully completed at least 90 ECTS in Social Sciences or Humanities (including but not limited to Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Political Science, Psychology and/or Sociology), with a minimum of 45 ECTS in Business Administration, of which at least 15 ECTS are specifically in Management.
- Business & Management, specialization in Marketing & Media Management: applicants are expected to have successfully completed at least at least 90 ECTS in Social Sciences or Humanities (including but not limited to Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Political Science, Psychology and/or Sociology), with a minimum of 45 ECTS in Business Administration, of which at least 15 ECTS are specifically in Marketing.
For more information : http://www.sciencespo.fr/admissions/en
At Sciences Po, students must pay the normal tuition fees required by the university depending on their financial situation: http://master.sciences-po.fr/fr/content/droits-de-scolarite
At SSE, there are currently no tuition fees for European citizens. Non-European citizens must pay the normal tuition fees required by SSE: http://www.hhs.se/en/Education/study-at-sse/tuition-and-fees/
Stockholm School of Economics:
Program Office - Email