- Alumni & Donors
- News & Events
"Educational Policies" Research Group
The research project on "Educational Policies" includes a body of research that aims to enrich the understanding of crucial and current education issues, and to inform policy choices and key actors. Educational policies will also be evaluated focusing on the courses and educational experience of pupils, as well as on teachers’ careers and their family situation. This research combines theoretical approaches and investigative tools of economists and sociologists, and is conducted at various levels (national, regional, individual schools) based on a wide range of statistical and qualitative data. The research group also includes a series of scientific seminars (held every two months) aimed at promoting dialogue between economists and sociologists as well as between researchers, policy makers and practitioners.
Associated research projects :
- Will Sooner be Better? The Impact of Preschool Enrollment on Cognitive and Noncognitive Achievement of Children
- Fostering the Language Skills of Children from Low-educated Families: An Ex-Ante Experimental Evaluation of a Parental Book Reading Intervention (2016, 2017)
Publications of the research group:
- Agnes VAN ZANTEN and Amelia LEGAVRE, "Engineering access to higher education through higher education fairs", LIEPP Working Paper n°22, April 2014.
- Marie DURU-BELLAT et Thibault GAJDOS, "Access to Higher Education: What counts as fairness in both an individual and systemic perspective?", LIEPP Methodological Discussion Paper n°1, october 2012.
- Marie DURU-BELLAT, "Usages et mésusages des enquêtes PISA", LIEPP Policy Brief n°3, april 2012.
See all member publications related to the theme "Education".
The research group recent events:
- Seminar - Democratization of Education - February 21st 2018
- Seminar - Family Group Conferences - December 11th 2017
- Seminar - Accountability, Leadership and Management at the School Level - May 24th 2016
- Seminar - The Developement of social skills - March 8th, 2016
- Séminaire - La mixité sociale à l'école - December 15th 2015
Publications of the Research Group: