- Alumni & Donors
- About us
- Cities and digital technology chair
- Careers & Networks
Master Regional and Urban Strategy
Training for urban governance in France & Europe
The Master of Regional and Urban Strategy (Stratégies territoriales et urbaines, STU) prepares students for strategic and operational positions in urban and regional policy and planning, in France and Europe.
They are equipped to design and implement public policy, and learn to link together:
- different geographical scales (from the region to the neighbourhood)
- diverse actors (public and private)
- a wide range of technical tools (finance and management, quantitative methods, architecture)
Teaching is based on three fundamentals:
- Professional experience: in their first year, students work on a "group project" commissioned by a local or regional authority or private company. In year two, professional workshops and a long internship help them build their career plan.
- Core academic courses that cover public policy, urban sociology, urban and regional economics and urban law, in concert with the "Cities are back in town" research programme at Sciences Po.
- Advanced methodological training: statistics, management tools, mapping, qualitative and quantitative surveys, documentary research, field trips and study trips.
The second year of the course can be done in apprenticeship.
Regional and Urban Strategy graduates go on to work in diverse areas and roles, from operational positions to research & development, consulting, and academic research. Master's graduates are also eligible to take the civil service entrance examinations.
- Which types of organisation? Local government, research & development departments and consulting firms working in France and abroad, urban development and planning agencies, banks, real estate developers, international organisations, research centres.
- Which fields? Public policy, economic development, regional corporate strategy, urban development and services, mobility and transport, housing, social services, sustainable development and regional risk management, research, etc.
More about Urban School
- Two-year Master's
- Language: French
- ECTS: 120 minimum
Fees & Financial Aid
- Urban Policy Dual Degree
(London School of Economics)
- Management of International and Public Affairs (fr.)
(Université Luigi Bocconi)
- Comparative Urban Governance
(Centro de Estudios Démograficos, Urbanos e Ambientales (CEDUA) at El Colegio de Mexico)