- Enseignants / Chercheurs
- Alumni & Donateurs
- Le département
- Ressources & services
Accueil › Sorbonne Paris Cité – College of Doctoral Schools
PhD Fellowships for international students - 2014 Application
Deadline for submission at Sciences Po: Tuesday, 1st April, 2014
Applications should be submitted by email to Alain Besoin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for submission at Sciences Po is Tuesday, 1st April, 2014.
Sorbonne Paris Cité is a higher education and research consortium established in 2010 and bringing together four Parisian universities and four higher education and research institutes:
- Université Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris 3
- Université Paris Descartes (Paris 5)
- Université Paris Diderot (Paris 7)
- Université Paris 13
- Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris (IPGP: Paris Earth Science Institute)
- Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (INALCO: National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilizations)
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po: Paris Institute of Political Science)
- Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Santé Publique (EHESP: School of Public Health)
In 2014, Sorbonne Paris Cité is offering 20 PhD fellowships in all disciplines for students coming from all regions of the world.
Summary of the application
- The candidate will specify on the first page:
- His / her personal information (family name, given name, birthdate, email and postal address and phone number)
- Title of the project (in French and English)
- Summary of the project (15 lines) in French and English
- The type of funding requested (100% or co-funding)
- The research unit(s) supporting the project
- The advisor(s) name
- The doctoral school and institution in which the candidate will be registered
The research field (select only one amongst the following: Humanities, arts, literature and languages; life and health sciences; exact sciences and engineering; social sciences and public policy)
Description of the research project
The candidate should describe the project (in French or English, 5 pages max., single spacing, font 12), mentioning in particular the project's objective, the scientific, social and societal context, the expected impact, the projected research program (including a schedule), the methodology, tools and / or devices used, the additional research funding available or required, the perspectives in terms of future developments in research and / or applications and the optional partnership with foreign institutions.
Candidate's cover letter
The candidate should explain (in French or English, 2 pages max.), his / her motivation for the project under consideration, the previously obtained scientific as well as transverse skills or those projected to be acquired during the project as well as the long term career project after the PhD.
Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
The CV (French or English, 2 pages max.) should contain a detailed summary of the candidate's higher education experience, including a description of the research projects carried out by the candidate (stating the research advisor(s) and their contact information). In addition, the candidate should provide a transcript of his / her first and second year masters studies.
Curriculum Vitae of the advisor(s)
The CV of the PhD advisor(s) (French or English, 2 pages max.) should include a list of the most significant publications relevant to the research subject.
Laboratory director's reference letter
The laboratory director should provide (in French or English, 2 pages max.), his / her reasoned opinion concerning the research project including the candidate, the research project and the advisor(s).
The applications should be submitted at Sciences Po by email to Alain Besoin (email@example.com). The deadline for submission is Tuesday, 1st April, 2014.