- Alumni & Donors
- Are you ready?
- Daily life
- Life on a campus
- Academic life
- Student life
- Partner offers
Home › Academic life › Orientation programmes › Undergraduate students › Welcome Programme for undergraduate exchange students on the Paris campus
Welcome Programme for undergraduate exchange students on the Paris campus
The Welcome Programme is an orientation programme for undergraduate exchange students studying on the Paris campus for a semester or a full academic year.
Organized at the beginning of each semester, it aims to provide students with all the information and tools necessary for a successful stay at Sciences Po.
Participation for the Welcome Programme is optional but recommended for a smooth start at Sciences Po. All students who have taken part in Sciences Po's Welcome programme will be awarded 2 ECTS credits for their participation.
The Welcome Programme has three objectives:
- To instruct students how to meet the expectations and academic requirements of Sciences Po:
- During the ten hours of Methodology and Cultural courses the participants in the Welcome Programme will have the opportunity to get fully acquainted with the working methods of Sciences Po and gain deeper understanding of French history and politics. Certain courses will take place off-campus at important Parisian historical sites.
- A guided tour of the library introduces students to our information and documentation services.
- An introductory lecture to French Current Events will allow students to gain insight into Sciences Po's curriculum and spirit.
- To familiarize exchange students with Sciences Po and its services: housing search, residence permit, administrative registration, etc.
- To socialize and meet other students: A series of outings and social events (visits of Paris, cocktail, etc.) organized by Sciences Po's students, will enable students to socialize and discover Paris.
A typical week
|Friday||Welcome programme information day
Presentation of Sciences Po, campus visit and meetings
|Saturday||Guided tour in a historic neighbourhood of Paris|
|Monday||11:35 to 13:15: Methodology Class in Sciences Po|
|14:30 to 16:30: Practical life information|
|17:00 to 19:00: Game / French speaking times / meetings|
|19:00 to 21:00: Wine and cheese party|
|Tuesday||11:35 to 13:15: Methodology Class at Sciences Po|
|14:30 to 16:30: Walk in Paris|
|17:00 to 19:00 : Visit of one of the major museums of Paris|
|Wednesday||11:35 to 13:15: Methodology and French culture|
|14:30 to 16:30 : Library and language laboratory visit|
|17:00 to 19:00: Games / French speaking times / meetings|
|Thursday||11:35 to 13:15: Methodology and French culture|
|14:30 to 16:30: Conference: French current events|
|17:00 to 19:00: Students Associations Forum|
|Friday||11:35 to 13:15: Methodology Class in Sciences Po|
|Saturday||"Bateaux Mouches" boat visit|
|Sunday||Integration Day with the Buddy Programme|
Dates: August 25th - September 1st 2017 (Fall Semester 2017-2018)
Eligibility: Undergraduate exchange students on the Paris campus for one or two semesters.
Please note that places are limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Price: 250 euros
How to register for the Welcome Programme
Welcome Programme registration and payment period : May 15th to June 6th 2017
There are two steps to follow:
You must register online through your Student account with your username and password.
- Click on "Academic services"
- Click on "Online course registration"
- Choose the semester "inscriptions spécifiques"
- Click on the link for the Welcome programme
- Click on "I wish to register for the welcome programme"
- Tick the box "welcome programme" and register
Return to the main menu page in your Student account by clicking on "Home" click on "Student services" and select "Welcome Programme Online payment." You will automatically see the amount you are required to pay and you should select "pay here" to proceed with your online payment. Your registration will be confirmed immediately after the online payment.
Registration for the Welcome programme is carried out on a first come, first served basis. Please note that the number of places is limited and that we cannot guarantee participation to everyone.
If you have registered and decide to no longer take part in the Welcome programme, you must inform us by email.