- Alumni & Donors
- About us
- Academic programmes
- Living in Paris
- Application & enrolment
Introducing students to Sciences Po's core subjects
- Text alternative for the video
- Social sciences lecture (2015)
The social sciences track offers Summer School students the opportunity to delve into a core subject of the Sciences Po curriculum. To learn more about the 2017 social sciences track offer, sign up for the Summer School newsletter.
Social Sciences Track Overview
In 2016, students in the social sciences track chose one class of intensive study, which took the form of 48 contact hours per month. Areas of study included international relations, political science, economics, history, and more.
Students had the option to take a class taught in either English or French. Candidates were required to demonstrate proof of their ability to successfully complete a course in the language of choice.
Students in the social sciences track also had the possibility to take two optional courses at an additional cost. These included:
- The History of France through Parisian Footprints (24 course hours). Students studied the history of France through excursions to historical sites and neighbourhoods in Paris. A different course was offered each session.
- June session: Antiquity to the Enlightenment
- July session: The French Revolution to the Present
- French language classes at our partner institution the Alliance Française Paris Ile-de-France (36 course hours, 9 hours per week).