- Alumni & Donors
- About us
- Academic programmes
- Living in Paris
- Application & enrolment
Introducing students to Sciences Po's core subjects
- Text alternative for the video
- Social sciences lecture (2015)
The social sciences track offers Summer School students the opportunity to delve into a core subject of the Sciences Po curriculum.
Social Sciences Track Overview
Students in the social sciences track choose one class of intensive study, which takes the form of 48 contact hours per month. Areas of study include international relations, political science, economics, history, and more.
Students have the option to take a class taught in either English or French. Candidates are required to demonstrate proof of their ability to successfully complete a course in the language of choice.
Students in the social sciences track also have the possibility to take two optional courses at an additional cost. These include:
- The History of France through Parisian Footprints (24 course hours). Students will study the history of France through excursions to historical sites and neighborhoods in Paris. A different course will be offered each session.
- June session: Antiquity to the Enlightenment
- July session: The French Revolution to the Present
- French language classes at our partner institution the Alliance Française Paris Ile-de-France (36 course hours, 9 hours per week).
To get more information about the 2016 social sciences track, sign up for the Summer School newsletter.