- Alumni & Donors
- University Programme
- Pre-College Programme
- Contact Us
How to Apply
Applications for the 2018 Pre-College Programme will open in January 2018. Applications may only be submitted via Sciences Po’s online application platform.
Applying to the Pre-College Programme requires the successful completion of a selective application process. The Summer School receives a great number of applications. We are therefore unable to provide individual feedback regarding unsuccessful candidacies. The juries take into account our candidates’ academic backgrounds, grades, and demonstrated motivations when making their selections.
Application timeline and deadlines
The Pre-College Programme has rolling admissions; the admission jury meets regularly and candidates may expect to receive a response approximately one month after submitting a complete application.
Please note that there are a limited number of spots available in the programme. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply in advance in order to maximize the chances of their application being considered. The number of spots available decreases as the deadline approaches and admissions will close when the programme is full.
The final deadline to submit an application for the Pre-College Programme is May 2018.
Required information and documents
If you wish to start preparing your application, please find a list of documents and information you will need to provide:
- Personal information (name, address, etc.)
- Identity card or passport
- Identity photo
- Academic background information:
- Certificate of enrolment in secondary school
- Academic transcript
- English language verification for candidates who are not native English speakers. Find a list of accepted language level verifications on the Eligibility page.
- Explanation of motivation (in English): this is an opportunity for you to explain your goals for your course of study at the Summer School’s Pre-College Programme. The letter must be written in English and the text space is limited to 1000 words or less. We strongly encourage candidates to prepare their response in advance of logging on so as to streamline your application process and to give due thought to this critical component of your application.
- Letter of recommendation: this letter may be written by a teacher, a supervisor for an internship, or any other person capable of attesting your personal motivation and academic performance.
Application Processing Fee
Please be aware that an application fee must be paid upon submission of your application. Payment is only by credit card via the online application platform.