- Alumni & Donors
- University Programme
- Pre-College Programme
- Contact Us
How to Apply
The Summer School is currently accepting applications for the 2018 Pre-College Programme. Applications may only be submitted via Sciences Po’s online application platform.
Application timeline and deadlines
The Pre-College Programme has rolling admissions; the admission jury meets regularly and candidates may expect to receive a response approximately one month after submitting a complete application.
Please note that there are a limited number of spots available in the programme. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply early on in order to maximize the chances of their application being considered. The number of spots available decreases as the deadline approaches and admissions will close when the programme is full.
The final deadline to submit an application for the Pre-College Programme is: 2 May 2018.
Online Application Instructions
All applications must be completed via the Sciences Po online application platform. Once you have created your account, it is essential to carefully read the instructions at the beginning of the application. You can return to these instructions at any time during your application by clicking on the drop-down link “Help” under your name in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen.
Choice of programmes in the online application
All students in the Pre-College Programme take the same core courses in the social sciences, with a choice of elective classes: French foreign language classes or a social sciences workshop. Please select the programme that corresponds to your choice of elective class and click the “Submit” button to start your application. You may indicate a first and second choice elective class, if you so choose.
Required information and documents
Candidates will need to provide the following information as part of their application:
- Personal information (name, address, etc.)
- Identity card or passport
- Identity photo
- Academic background information:
- Certificate of enrolment from current secondary school (official document provided by the school that confirms attendance, current and past enrolment, expected graduation date and/or awarded degrees)
- Academic transcripts indicating classes taken and grades received for the academic years 2017-18 and 2016-17
- English language level verification for candidates who are not native English speakers. Find a list of accepted language level verifications on the Eligibility page.
- Explanation of motivation (in English): this is an opportunity for you to explain your goals for your course of study at the Summer School’s Pre-College Programme. The letter must be written in English and the text space is limited to 1000 words or less. We kindly ask candidates to indicate their preferences in terms of elective courses. Finally, we strongly encourage applicants to prepare their response in advance of logging on so as to streamline your application process and to give due thought to this critical component of your application.
- Letter of recommendation: this letter may be written (in French or in English) by a teacher, a supervisor for an internship, or any other person capable of attesting your personal motivation and academic performance.
Application Processing Fee
Please be aware that a 30 € application fee must be paid upon submission of your application. Payment is only by credit card via the online application platform.