- Alumni & Donors
- University Programme
- Pre-College Programme
- Contact Us
- Accommodation in Paris (photo: Lika Banshoya)
Summer School students have the option to obtain accommodation through the programme, at additional cost, or to find housing on their own.
Accommodation through Sciences Po
In 2018, the Summer School offers three official housing options:
- Comforts of Home – Student apartments for the June and July sessions
- Estudines République - Student residence for the June and July sessions
- Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris (CIUP) – Student residence for the July session only
More information for each option can be found below. Please note that different housing options have different dates for check-in and check-out.
Comforts of Home – student apartments
The Summer School works with Comforts of Home, a leading European provider of student housing, to place students in Parisian apartments located in desirable residential areas across the city. Each Comforts of Home apartment features a fully furnished kitchen, a living room, and between two to four bedrooms. Students will have a shared bedroom for two, in which each roommate will have her or his own single bed. All apartments come fully equipped with living necessities: sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, utensils, ironing board, cleaning supplies, wireless internet and even a washing machine! Apartments will always have at least one bathroom for every five inhabitants. See some sample photos of Comforts of Home apartments.
The Comforts of Home staff will place students in apartments with other Summer School participants of the same gender and of a similar age. Students will learn of their exact apartment placement approximately three weeks before the start of the session. Most apartments will be located in the 7th, 14th, 15th or 16th arrondissements of Paris, approximately 30 minutes or less by metro or bus from the Sciences Po campus.
- Price for one session: 830 € for a shared room for standard dates.
- Price for two sessions: 1520 € for a shared room for standard dates.
- June session standard dates: 2-29 June 2018
- June session "Early Arrival" dates and price: 28 May - 29 June 2018, additional fee of 235 €.
- July session standard dates: 1-28 July 2018
- July session "Late Check-Out" dates and price: 1 July - 11 August 2018, additional fee of 495 €.
Students attending both sessions will stay in the same apartment in June and July, including during the long weekend between sessions.
Note: Comforts of Home requires a 300 € security deposit prior to check in, to be paid by credit card upon registration. If no damage is incurred, the entire deposit will be refunded by credit card no later than 60 days after check-out.
Estudines République – student residence hall
Sciences Po partners with Estudines République, a student residence hall in Paris' 11th arrondissement. The residence is located in the heart of the lively Oberkampf district, full of restaurants, cafés, and concert halls, one of the trendiest neighbourhoods in Paris. Students can travel easily by metro to Sciences Po in about 30 minutes. Students stay in a studio with private bathroom and kitchenette. All rooms have wireless internet, bedding, towels, and kitchen supplies. The residence includes a laundry room and gym, as well as free breakfast, with cleaning services available at an additional cost
- Price for one session: 1200 € for a studio (private bathroom and kitchenette) for standard dates.
- Price for two sessions: 2400 € for a studio (private bathroom and kitchenette) for standard dates.
- June session standard dates: 1-29 June 2018
- July session standard dates: 2-31 July 2018
- July session "Late Check-Out" dates and price: 2 July - 7 August 2018, additional fee of 285 €.
Students attending both sessions will stay in the same studio in June and July, including during the long weekend between sessions.
CIUP - student residence hall
The Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris is a unique site in Paris that serves as the largest provider of student accommodation in the region, with lodging for over 5,800 individuals. The CIUP is located approximately 30 minutes from Sciences Po at the “Cité Universitaire” stop on the RER B line, or the “Porte d’Orléans” stop on the metro line 4. Students travel from the CIUP to Sciences Po by metro, bus, or Vélib', the city’s bike share system.
All CIUP rooms are furnished, single rooms with a private bathroom. There is a shared kitchen on each hall. The CIUP provides sheets, blankets, and pillows, but students need to bring their own towels and utensils. Each room has a mini refrigerator and Internet access through an Ethernet cable.
- Price: 960 € for a single room – private bathroom and shared kitchen
- July session dates: 29 June - 28 July 2018, no extensions possible.