- Alumni & Donors
- University Programme
- Pre-College Programme
- Contact Us
- 2018 Summer School students in a French language course (photo: Didier Pazery)
"It was a truly amazing experience. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the philosophy so much, that I have no difficulty whatsoever imagining myself at Sciences Po in the future. The courses were extremely interesting and interactive, especially the Master Classes. I was very impressed by the classes and also by how Sciences Po managed to bring together such a diverse and fun group of people." - Luisa, India
To receive more information about the 2019 Pre-College academic programme as soon as it is available, sign up for the Summer School newsletter.
The Pre-College Programme is designed to introduce students to the key disciplines and methodologies of a Sciences Po education. Participants tackle rigorous academic content through an interdisciplinary lens, exploring current issues in international relations, political science and more.
The academic programme includes a variety of courses, representing about 48 contact hours in total, spread over the course of three weeks. All the students attend the same core courses in the social sciences and take an elective class of their choice.
2019 Core courses in the social sciences
Core courses, taught entirely in English, are meant to introduce students to Sciences Po’s core disciplines, through a combination of Master Classes and tutorials (about 30 contact hours). Students attend a series of six 2.5-hour Master Classes, taught by Sciences Po professors and researchers, that explore current world issues:
- A Common Narrative for Europe, by Christophe de Voogd
- European Integration: Calming a Conflicted Continent, by Jan Rovny
- Coercion in International Law: Who is the World Police?, by Martina Smuclerova
- Challenges and Opportunities on a Finite Planet, by Tancrède Voituriez
- The Concept of Human Security and its Application to Building Peace, by Shahrbanou Tadjbakhsh
- Populism versus Democracy, by Cristobal Rovira Kaltwasser
In preparation for Master Classes, students participate in interactive, small-group tutorials that allow them to develop their understanding of the material and themes addressed.
2019 Elective courses
In addition to their core courses, students participate in one elective class of their choice (about 18 contact hours). Students are able to choose one elective course among different options: either a French language course or an introductory workshop to one of Sciences Po’s key disciplines, such as political science, international relations, law or sociology.
- French language classes (beginner and intermediate levels)
- La démocratie en Europe, by Mathieu Fulla (taught in French)
- Get a Deal, by Barthélémy Michalon
- Discrimination Worldwide, by Lisa Buchter
- Gender in the Making, by Prunelle Aymé
- Introduction to the Humanities: Politics, Violence and Resistance, by Vincent Millou
- Migration Issues in Comparative Perspective, by Ariane Chebel d'Appollonia
The academic programme includes classes and activities on weekdays, with cultural trips and excursions on weekends. Learn more on life outside the classroom.