- Alumni & Donors
- University Programme
- Pre-College Programme
- Contact Us
- Pre-College Programme student in a social sciences class (photo: Cyrille Beudot)
"It was a truly amazing experience. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the philosophy so much, that I have no difficulty whatsoever imagining myself at Sciences Po in the future. The courses were extremely interesting and interactive, especially the Master Classes. I was very impressed by the classes and also by how Sciences Po managed to bring together such a diverse and fun group of people." - Luisa, India
To receive more information about the Pre-College academic programme as soon as it is available, sign up for the Summer School newsletter.
Challenging coursework in the social sciences and foreign language
The Pre-College Programme is designed to introduce students to the key disciplines and methodologies of a Sciences Po education. Participants tackle rigorous academic content through an interdisciplinary lens, exploring current issues in international relations, political science, economics and more.
The 2018 Pre-College Programme includes a variety of courses:
Core courses in the social sciences
Core courses, taught entirely in English, are meant to introduce students to key concepts of Sciences Po’s core disciplines through the study of current world issues (about 30 contact hours) :
- Master Classes: Student will attend six master classes on different contemporary issues, taught by Sciences Po professors and researchers. These master classes provide an opportunity for students to apply their knowledge by tackling issues such as sustainable development, migration, peacebuilding, and the European Union. The full list of master classes will be available in Winter 2017.
- Tutorials: During these interactive, seminar-style tutorials, students will develop their understanding of the material and themes addressed during master classes. Tutorials will also prepare students for university studies in France and elsewhere by introducing them to academic exercises that they will encounter at the university level.
In addition to their core courses, students will participate in an elective class of their choice (about 18 contact hours). Students will be able to choose one elective course among different options (within the limits of spots available):
- French as a foreign language classes, available at multiple levels from beginner to intermediate levels. Following a holistic approach to language mastery, French language classes will introduce students to French culture, literature and methodology while improving their knowledge of the French language.
- Or Introductory classes to one of Sciences Po’s key disciplines, such as political science, international relations, humanities, law or economics, through the lens of a specific topic. Taught entirely in English and in small groups, these courses will allow students to exercise their critical thinking, express their opinions and debate. The list of elective courses will be available in Winter 2017.
The academic programme includes classes and activities on weekdays, with cultural trips and excursions on weekends. Learn more on life outside the classroom.