- Alumni & Donors
- About PSIA
- PSIA Master Programs
- Master in International Security
- Master in International Public Management
- Master in International Economic Policy
- Master in International Development
- Master in Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- Master in Environmental Policy
- Environmental Science and Policy (PSIA-Paris VI)
- Master in International Energy
- Master in Journalism and International Affairs
- One-year Tracks
- PSIA Concentration Programs
- PSIA Fundamental Courses
- International Dual Degrees
- PSIA Master Programs
- Dual Degrees & Academic Partnerships
- Partnerships with major institutions
- Partnerships with foundations
- Partnerships with media
Master in International Economic Policy
The Master in International Economic Policy is led in collaboration with the Department of Economics of Sciences Po.
The unique Master in International Economic Policy focuses on the issues that challenge the economic diplomat or international policy-maker, the business and financial sectors, the specialised journalist or indeed society at large: currency wars, optimal trade levels, labour standards, transfer of technologies, financing development… The program is intended for students who wish to specialise in questions related to applied economics at the international and regional - including Europe - levels, and that structure market economies. Special attention will be paid to the economies of emerging and developing countries.
The Master in International Economic Policy gives students an extremely solid foundation in international economics through a well-balanced curriculum. For students with a prior specialised course of study in economics, the IEP curriculum will give them a policy-oriented perspective and flesh out the global economic context.
Please note that although there is no mathematics admissions prerequisite, candidates for the IEP Master are expected to have completed successfully at least introductory courses in microeconomics and macroeconomics at the undergraduate level.
Quoc-Anh Do is an Assistant Professor of Economics at Sciences Po's Department of Economics and at the LIEPP. Pr. Do's research interests are in political economics, development economics, applied microeconomic topics and corporate governance.
The core curriculum is as focused on economic theory and analysis (economic integration, international trade), finance (international finance, European monetary policy, firms in a global economy) as on policy (economics and competition policy, trade policies, intellectual property rights, labour standards,…) in the field of international trade and investment.
The economic dimension is underscored by the offering of praxis oriented courses that help differentiate the economist from other social science specialists.
Graduates of the programme may envisage careers in both the private sector (consulting firms, think tanks, banks, corporate sector) and the public sector (international organisations, national public administrations, development agencies).
- Fall courses - Semester 1 2016-2017 | Download Schedule, Fall semester (PDF - 80 Ko)
- Fall courses - Semester 3 2016-2017
- Spring courses - Semesters 2 and 4 2016-2017 | Download Schedule, spring semester (Coming soon)
Scientific Advisor: Quoc-Anh Do
Academic Advisor: Catarina Laranjeira
Office Hours by appointment: Tuesday 3pm-6pm, Wednesday 10am-1pm, Thursday 2pm-5pm
Academic Assistant: Wendy Genteuil
Secretariat open Monday/Tuesday/Thursday 9h30-12h45 14h15-16h45. Wednesday/Friday 9h30-12h45