- Alumni & Donors
- About PSIA
- PSIA Master Programs
- Master in International Security
- Master in International Public Management
- Master in International Economic Policy
- Master in International Development
- Master in Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- Master in Environmental Policy
- Master in International Energy
- Master in Journalism and International Affairs
- One-year Tracks
- PSIA Concentration Programs
- PSIA Fundamental Courses
- International and National Dual Degrees
- PSIA Master Programs
- Dual Degrees & Academic Partnerships
- Partnerships with major institutions
- Partnerships with foundations
- Partnerships with media
Home > Academics
Shaping global actors for a more secure world.
At the forefront of global affairs education
The PSIA curriculum combines conceptual foundations and current scholarship, with the most up-to-date operational training and best practices. Worldrenowned professors and leading practionners teach over 400 courses annually in the most salient fields of international affairs. In addition students frequently interact with world leaders and scholars through PSIA’s extensive series of public events, notably during the annual Youth & Leaders Summit.
With the support of academic advisors, graduates complete the two-year program, which typically includes a full semester internship, and are thus wellpositioned to pursue high-profile careers, joining the vast network of Sciences Po alumni across continents. PSIA’s career office works extensively with students to find the right merger of intellectual capital, individual objectives, and professional achievement.
Customize your professional profile
PSIA offers a choice of 7 master’s programs in the most salient fields of international affairs:
- International Security
- International Public Management
- International Economic Policy
- International Development
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- Environmental Policy
- International Energy
Students can pursue a two-year Master’s in any of these fields in one of three ways:
- Over two years at PSIA;
- As part of a joint program in Journalism and International Affairs with the School of Journalism at Sciences Po;
- As part of a dual degree program with one of PSIA's university partners:
- International: Bocconi University • Columbia University • Freie Universität • Georgetown Law • King's College London • London School of Economics • MGIMO • Peking University • University of Saint-Gallen • Stockholm School of Economics
- National: AgroParisTech • ISAE-Supaero • Sorbonne Université • Saint-Cyr Coëtquidan
PSIA also offers a one-year Master in Advanced Global Studies, covering the same seven fields, for candidates with a degree and at least five years of professional work experience.
Please find the full list of courses offered at PSIA (2017-2018)
Sciences Po Common Core Curriculum
Please find more information about Sciences Po Common Core Curriculum
PSIA Core Master Curriculum
Through the vast choice of Master degrees and concentration programs, PSIA offers a comprehensive yet diversified academic program of the highest international caliber. The first semester offers a selection of fundamental courses that all students take within the Master while the second and fourth semesters offer a large selection of courses in various sub-fields within the Master.
PSIA students select one or two concentrations, depending on their program, which enable them to chart their very own career path.
While English is the only language required to follow coursework at PSIA and the common language shared by all students, a third of courses are offered in French. Language instruction is customized to the specific academic and professional objectives of the student and PSIA also offers an intensive French language program.
Special features consist of optional courses complementary to the standard PSIA curriculum. PSIA students may enroll in one special feature, or optional course, per semester.
Third Semester Opportunities
The third semester at PSIA is entirely dedicated to professional development. PSIA students are offered three choices, depending on their career objectives:
- Master Thesis (conditional to authorization by academic advisor)
- Study abroad (conditional to authorization by academic advisor)
Some funding opportunities are available to assist students who will complete their 3rd semester outside of France. Please see here (under "Mobility grants") for more details.
Degree Requirements for PSIA Students
Please read degree requirements carefully.
The Grand Oral is a degree requirement for all 2-year Master students at Sciences Po
Preparation for the French administration exams
All students registered in their 2nd year of a Master program at Sciences Po are technically eligible to take the "Prépa-concours" track parallel to their Master's studies in order to prepare for the competitive French administration exams. Please see here for further information (in French) on this.
More about PSIA
- Two-year Master's
- Language: English
- ECTS: 120 minimum