- Alumni & Donors
Home > Enactus: conceive and implement a project of social entrepreneurship
Enactus: conceive and implement a project of social entrepreneurship
Langue du projet:Bilingue
Profil des étudiants
This project is opened to 8 students working on the 2 aspects of the mission : creation of a social and entrepreneurial project and study on the place of Social Entrepreneurship / Social innovation at Sciences Po.
Attracted to social business, social innovation or social entrepreneurial actions would be an advantage.
Partenaire(s) du projet
Personne(s) responsable(s) / tuteur(s) pédagogique(s) du projet
- Céline Sannié, Program Manager
- Charlotte Aumaître, Head of corporate partnerships at Sciences Po
Contexte du projet
Enactus is an international Non Governmental Organization that brings together student, academic and business leaders who are committed to using power of entrepreneurial action to enable progress around the world. With Enactus, students can imagine, develop and implement projects of social innovation.
In order to participate to the Enactus Program, students form teams on their campuses. Guided by faculty advisors and business experts, participating students create and implement community projects that empower people to improve the quality of live and standard of living. At the end of the year, a National Competition is organized, where the best team wins a trophy and then participates to the Enactus World Cup, to represent France.
Through this experience, students develop managerial, entrepreneurial and HR management skills, making them become committed and responsible business leaders.
Created in 1975, the organization Enactus brings together, each year, more than 66 500 students in 1 600 Universities and Graduate Schools, in 36 countries.
Contenu pédagogique du projet
Descriptif général de la mission
- Imagine, create and implement, in team, one project which is able to improve the quality of life of people in need, while empowering them. This social business project will have to be conducted with an entrepreneurial approach. It is also important to effectively empower people so that the project has a positive and long-lasting impact on the society.
- At the same time, a part or the whole team will conduct a study about the place and the positioning of Social Entrepreneurship or Social Innovation at Sciences Po. The students should analyze the courses or educational programs existing at Sciences Po but also developed in other Universities, Schools or Institutes in France. The team could also imagine concretely the best way to pursue their social engagement in their own university next year.
Objectif(s) spécifique(s) du travail demandé
- Ability to work in a team and to be organized
- Address social or environmental challenges and contribute to finding concrete solutions to those issues
- Try out the project or the imagined solution on the field
- Summarize the actions taken and their impacts
- Imagine how to develop the projects during several years
- Participate to different Enactus events, if possible, in accordance with the school schedule (specific training workshops, meetings with other students who are committed to the Program, exchange of good practices, meetings with professionals and experts…)
- Present your results and impacts in team, at the Enactus National Competition, at the end of May
- Identify one or several solutions to ensure the sustainability of the project and the durability of the involvement of students on these topics : creation of an Enactus Sciences Po organization, development of some specific classes, creation of a specialized course dedicated to Social Innovation …
Résultat et produits attendus
- Context and problem analysis
- Immersion phase and report of those meetings
- Project Prototype and formalization of a simplified « Business Model »
- Partnerships implementation
- Concrete realization of the project on the field - Experimentation
- Report on the actions that have been conducted
- Oral and visual presentation in English during the National Competition of the results and impacts of the project(s)
- Report on the place of Social Entrepreneurship at Sciences Po, regarding the benchmark conducted with other Shools or Universities, and on the positioning of Enactus with recommendation for the following years.
Déroulement du projet
Expected duration of the project : The project schedule will mainly depend on the subject of the project imagined by the students and its implementation.
However, here are some global phases that can be found (for information only).
- Exploration Phase = Find project ideas – (1 to 3 months)
- Know yourself
- Define a target and the needs of the community
- Generate project ideas
- Crystallization Phase = From ideas to the project – (1 month)
- Define the project charter
- Structure the project and prototype
- Plan its implementation
- Experimentation Phase = From the project to action – (3 to 5 months)
- Test out the project
- Develop partnerships
- Do the report and plan its development
- Development Phase = Spread or complete the project – (undefined)
- Change the scale of the project
- Pass on the project
In parallel :
- Semester 1 : Research on what already exist at Science Po regarding Social Entrepreneurship or Social Innovation and benchmark other universities, schools or institutes in France
- Semester 2 : Make the assessment of the findings and elaborate practical recommendation for the positioning of Enactus and, more broadly, of Social Entrepreneurship / Social Innovation at Sciences Po.
Students will have to be relatively autonomous and work in team, by distributing roles and organize themselves.
Moreover, Enactus France accompanies committed students throughout the year in the Program, thanks to :
- National training events, 4 times a year (beginning of October – middle of November – end of January - middle of March) : dates to be confirmed
- Workshops animated when requested, on the Campus: project management, communication, business model, fundraising etc.
- An individualized accompaniment of the team of students: regular phone calls (hotline), visits on the campus several times a year (advices on project and team management), coaching, mentoring etc.
The students will also have the opportunity to establish a relationship at different time of the year (during national events or regional meetings) with Enactus partners (companies, social entrepreneurs, associations etc.) to get advice on their projects and their team organization or on a specific expertise.
The students will have access to the meeting room with a phone, a printer and a computer at Sciences Po.