Housing in Reims

About student residences in France

Student residence halls in France are independent organizations from Sciences Po. All student residences are run either by a governmental organization or by private businesses and are open to all university students within the city regardless of the establishment they are attending.

Sciences Po will help to facilitate the initial steps in reserving housing. However, room reservation, room assignments, and all other housing questions must be addressed directly to the residences themselves before arriving and once living in France as they will be the most capable in responding to any and all questions.

Public housing information for international students

If you are an international student (without dual French nationality) the public housing option is organized by the “CROUS”- a city-wide organization dedicated to student housing that works with all Universities in Reims, including Sciences Po. If you are interested in any of the CROUS residences, please do the following:

  1. Fill out the application form (PDF, 2.4 Mo)* and write-in at the top of the application “Sciences Po Internatinoal Convention” along with the name of your program (Ex. Euro-American, Europe Africa, Exchange)
    • *You can leave the INE number blank as it will be attributed to you upon your arrival
    • *You will receive more information during the integration week regarding the government co-signer program called Lokaviz –CLE. If you wish to start the process you may this summer, but you will need to be in France
  2. Send an electronic copy to rachel.skowronski@sciencespo.fr
  3. The same day that you send an electronic copy, please send copy via the post to the residence address that you wish to apply for (addresses are listed below along with the description of each CROUS residences
  4. The CROUS will send you an “attestation de reservation de logement” that you may use as temporary proof of residence to open a French bank account and for your visa application until you are able to sign your official contract

Students residences

For further information, please join the Facebook group CYOC that helps you for your preparation before your arrival at Reims Campus or you can contact them by email.

Private housing

Homestay with Welcome2France

Welcome2France offers a "Bed and Breakfast" accommodation for 355 € per month.

The purpose of this association is to provide intercultural housing to foreign students in private households in Reims, close to campus (15'' by feet).

Welcome2France will find a host family for you, do the paperwork (they will send you proof of accommodation and the parties will sign an accommodation agreement) and will provide support for the duration of the stay.

More information and contact details (PDF, 587 Ko)

Temporary Housing

If you would like to reserve temporary housing while you are waiting for responses on permanent housing, or because you are planning to arrive in France before your residence opens there are few popular options available.

  • Youth Hostel: CIS de Champagne is located about 25 minutes walking from campus (tram and bus nearby):
  • Long Stay Hotels:

French Housing Tax

This is an annual residence tax imposed on the occupier of a property in which they were resident on 1st January of each year.

Students residing in an individual flat or house or private residence are required to pay the housing tax if they are registered tenants in the property on 1st January of each year, event if you have since moved from that apartment (exempted students: those lodged in the Crous or with a family). This is calculated on the type of accommodation (its surface and location). It is sometimes included in the rent (please check when you sign your rental contract).

For more information on local property taxes