Droit et Économie dans une nouvelle ère
Recent developments, such as the rise of big data, of large web based giants or the new challenges raised by climate change or increasing inequalities, cause an important paradigm shift in law and economics.
Such a shift raises numerous questions. Are our laws adequately addressing the new needs of our societies? How do we rethink competition law when players are growing larger and traditional measures of concentration no longer apply? Should we rethink the articulation between industrial and competition policy? How can we use our economic tools and methods to assess and design rules and regulations ? How does big data affect judicial decision making?
The creation of the group «Droit et Économie dans une nouvelle ère» aims at addressing these questions and generally treat subjects where law and economics are intertwined. It will be an interdisciplinary venture, building on the strengths of the Departement of Economics and the Law School at Sciences Po, but will ultimately involve the entire Sciences Po community. The group will be organized around 3 main themes:
- Antitrust, Industrial and innovation policy in a new era
- Big data: consumer protection, predictive justice and use of data in sentencing
- Environmental challenges: rethinking law and economics
- Roberto Galbiati, Département d’économie
- Emeric Henry, Département d’économie
- Katja Langenbucher, École de Droit
- Horatia Muir Watt, École de Droit
- Dina Waked, École de Droit
- Seminar series
- Large launch conference to be organized in June 2020