Alessandro holds an LLM in Comparative, European and International Laws from the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence and a MA in EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies from the College of Europe in Bruges. He also studied International Relations and Political Science at the Universities of Naples Federico II, Pavia and Konstanz.
He has been a Blue Book trainee at the European Commission in Brussels working in the Directorate-General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations.
He has completed his PhD at the Sciences Po Law School in Paris under the supervision of Loïc Azoulai. The project is entitled ‘Wider Europe: the extension of the EU legal space’. It examines the constellation of instruments defining the EU’s posture as an international legal actor in its proximity and the ensuing political implications.
In the framework of his PhD programme, he has been visiting researcher at the EUI in the first half of 2019. While at the EUI, he was involved in the research project The Court of Justice in the Archives, which builds on the recent historical and sociological turns in EU law scholarship.
- A. Petti and J. Scott, ‘International Agreements in the EU Legal Order: International Fruit’, in G. Butler and R. Wessel (eds.) EU External Relations Law: The Cases in Context (Oxford: Hart Publishing, 2022).
- A. Petti ‘ERTA and Us: Shifting Constitutional Equilibria on the Visions of Europe’ in Using the Historical Archives of the EU to Study Cases of CJEU , edited by M. Cremona, C. Kilpatrick and J. Scott, European Papers, 2021, Vol. 6 (1), pp. 567-577.
- A. Petti, The Court of Justice in the archives project : analysis of the ERTA case (22/70) , EUI Academy of European Law, 2021/08.
- A. Petti, 'Book review: Framing the Subjects and Objects of Contemporary EU Law. edited by Samo Bardutzky and Elaine Fahey. (Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2017)' (2018) 55 Common Market Law Review, Issue 6, pp. 1994–1996.
- A. Petti, Book Review. ‘What form of Government for the European Union and for the Eurozone?’, edited by Federico Fabbrini, Ernst Hirsch Ballin and Han Somsen, (Oxford, Hart Publishing, 2015). (2017) 9 European Journal of Legal Studies, Issue 2, pp. 259-68.
- A. Petti, “EMU inter-se agreements : a laboratory for thinking about associative institutionalism”, Cadmus European University Institute, Department of Law, 2015.
- EU Law and Diplomacy
- The Law and Practice of the European Neighbourhood Policy
- Teaching Assistant to the course Regulating the European Internal Market (Master in European Affairs, Sciences Po) and to the course of Political Institutions (Comparative Constitutional Law)