Alessandro holds an LLM in Comparative, European and International Laws from the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence and a MA in EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies from the College of Europe in Bruges. He also studied International Relations and Political Science at the Universities of Naples Federico II, Pavia and Konstanz.
He has been a Blue Book trainee at the European Commission in Brussels working in the Directorate-General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations.
He is currently carrying out a PhD in law on EU Integration without Membership under the supervision of Professors Loïc Azoulai and Enrico Letta. The project attempts to offer a new perspective on the EU’s relations with its geographical neighbours reflecting on the interplay between law and diplomacy in the extension of the EU legal space.
In the framework of his PhD programme, he has been visiting researcher at the EUI in the first half of 2019. While at the EUI, he became involved in the research project The Court of Justice in the Archives (ERC funded), which builds on the recent historical and sociological turns in EU law scholarship.
- EU External Relations Law
- Law and Diplomacy
- EU Economic and Monetary Union Law
- European Administrative Law
- Internal Market Law
- A. Petti, 'Book review: Framing the Subjects and Objects of Contemporary EU Law. edited by Samo Bardutzky and Elaine Fahey. (Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2017)' (2018) 55 Common Market Law Review, Issue 6, pp. 1994–1996.
- A. Petti, Book Review. ‘What form of Government for the European Union and for the Eurozone?’, edited by Federico Fabbrini, Ernst Hirsch Ballin and Han Somsen, (Oxford, Hart Publishing, 2015). (2017) 9 European Journal of Legal Studies, Issue 2, pp. 259-68.
- A. Petti, “EMU inter-se agreements : a laboratory for thinking about associative institutionalism”, Cadmus European University Institute, Department of Law, 2015.
- The EU as an International Actor: Law and Diplomacy
- The European Neighbourhood Policy: EU External Relations Law in Context
- Teaching Assistant to the course Regulating the European Internal Market (Master in European Affairs, Sciences Po)