Yasar, Ayse Gizem
Ayse Gizem is a PhD Candidate at Sciences Po Law School in Paris.
Her research, supervised by Dr Dina Waked, focuses on disruptive innovation and competition law. She holds an MJur degree from the University of Oxford, where she wrote her dissertation on the analysis of disruptive innovation in the field of merger control. She also holds an LL.M. degree from Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas and completed her undergraduate studies at Bilkent University in Ankara, Turkey. Between 2013-2016, she worked as a competition lawyer in Istanbul and is a member of the Istanbul Bar Association.
- “Achieving Symbiosis between Disruptive Innovation and Merger Control: Challenges and Remedies”, 1 June 2017.
- “Article 9(3) in Turkish Competition Law – A Discussion on Due Process Issues in Antitrust Proceedings”, Younger Comparativists Committee of the American Society of Comparative Law, 6th Annual Conference, 29 April 2017.
- “Multisided Markets: The Challenge of Incorporating Multisided Considerations into Competition Law Analysis” (with Gonenc Gurkaynak, Oznur Inanilir, Sinan Diniz and Ayse Gizem Yasar), Journal of Antitrust Enforcement, Volume 5, Issue 1 (2017).
- “Challenges to the Liberalisation of Natural Gas Markets: The Turkish Case”, European Networks Law & Regulation Quarterly, Volume 4, Issue 2 (2016).
- “An Overview of Margin Squeeze in Turkish Competition Law” (Gonenc Gurkaynak, Oznur Inanilir, Ayse Gizem Yasar and Engin Sahin), Mondaq, 27 June 2016.
- “Re-Assessing Object Restrictions: A New Day in Light of the ‘Groupement Des Cartes Bancaires v. Commission’ Decision” (Gonenc Gurkaynak and Ayse Gizem Yasar), Competition Journal of the Turkish Competition Authority, Volume 16, Number 1 (2015).
- “Competition Law and Personal Data Crossing in Digital Markets” (Gonenc Gurkaynak, Ayse Guner and Ayse Gizem Yasar), Ian S Forrester QC LL.D Liber Amicorum – Volume II, Concurrences Review (2015).
- “Leniency and the Recognition of Compliance Programs as a Mitigating Factor: Can They Co-Exist in Competition Law Policy?” (Gonenc Gurkaynak, Oznur Inanilir and Ayse Gizem Yasar), Juriste International, Issue 2015-2 (2015).
- “The Turkish Competition Authority’s Sector Inquiries: Past and Current Sector Inquiries Reviewed” (Gonenc Gurkaynak, Ayse Guner and Ayse Gizem Yasar), Turkish Commercial Law Review, Volume 1, Number 1 (2015).
- “Boundaries of the Turkish Competition Authority’s Investigative Powers: Case Handlers vs. Personal Property” (Gonenc Gurkaynak, Zeynep Ortac and Ayse Gizem Yasar), Mondaq, 1 September 2014.
- “Constitutional Review: A Comparison between the Constitutional Court of Turkey and the Supreme Court of the United States”, Justicia et Fides, Special Edition for the Koç University 1st International Symposium on Law and Global Issues, August 2012.