- Alumni & Donors
- University Programme
- Pre-College Programme
- Contact Us
Age and Education Requirements
The Pre-College Programme is open to students currently enrolled in secondary school, and who will still be enrolled in secondary school in Fall 2018. Candidates have to be at least 15 years old at the time of the programme.
Candidates in their final year of secondary school, who will obtain their secondary diploma by Summer 2018, are not eligible for the Pre-College Programme. These candidates are invited to apply to the University Programme.
For more information on the language levels, download an explanation of the CEFR levels (in English and French, PDF, 140Ko).
English language requirement
The majority of the academic programme, including tutorials, master classes, and most elective classes, are taught in English. Students were therefore required to demonstrate advanced (high Level B2-C1) proficiency in English.
Candidates may demonstrate their proficiency in English in one of three ways:
Option 1: provide an official language certification taken within the last three years.
The following tests and minimum scores are accepted:
- TOEFL (IBT): 90, comprehension (oral and written) minimum: 46 ; expression (oral and written) minimum: 44.
- IELTS: 6.5, no subscore under 5.5
- TOEIC "listening and reading": 945/990 and "speaking and writing" : 310/400
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
Option 2: provide proof of at least two years of study entirely taught in English. This includes:
- An academic transcript showing at least two years of courses entirely taught in English.
- A diploma from an English-speaking institution.
Please note that two years of English language courses alone are not sufficient.
Option 3: complete a Summer School language assessment. Assessments will be made available when applications open.