- Alumni & Donors
- About PSIA
- PSIA Master Programs
- Master in International Security
- Master in International Public Management
- Master in International Economic Policy
- Master in International Development
- Master in Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- Master in Environmental Policy
- Master in International Energy
- Master in Journalism and International Affairs
- One-year Tracks
- PSIA Concentration Programs
- PSIA Fundamental Courses
- International and National Dual Degrees
- PSIA Master Programs
- Dual Degrees & Academic Partnerships
- Partnerships with major institutions
- Partnerships with foundations
- Partnerships with media
Master in Advanced Global Studies
A one-year Master to fast-track your career in International Affairs
This one-year master's program is designed for candidates with an undergraduate degree and 5 years of professional experience, seeking to immerse themselves in a challenging university environment and gain further expertise or new horizons in one of the cardinal fields of international affairs. PSIA has 5 years of successful experience with the one-year Master in Development Practice, and is now expanding the offer to encompass all domains of expertise within the school.
The Master in Advanced Global Studies is:
- An opportunity for early- and mid-career professionals to follow a one-year accelerated program in International Affairs;
- The possibility to specialise in both a master's track and a concentration (regional or thematic);
- Access to PSIA's regular broad and world-class curriculum offer, as well as dedicated and customised courses;
- Joining Sciences Po and PSIA's vast, active and international alumni network.
CURRICULUM AND STRUCTURE
7 tracks, 23 concencentrations and PSIA's offer of 350 courses
This unique accelerated program will allow students to take a full year out of their careers to specialise in one of the 7 existing tracks at PSIA:
- International Security
- International Public Management
- International Economic Policy
- Development Practice
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- Environmental Policy
- International Energy
Like all students at PSIA, students in the Master in Advanced Global Studies will also have the opportunity to specialise in a concentration program chosen from PSIA's rich offer of 23 concentrations, both regional and thematic.
Students within the Master in Advanced Global Studies will be immersed in PSIA's wider community of 1300 degree seeking students from over 100 countries, thus having access to the world's broadest curriculum with an offer of over 350 individual courses a year and taking advantage of this breadth and scope in the same way that all students at PSIA do, but graduating after only one year of study.
Dedicated courses and language training
Students in the program will also be offered a series of dedicated courses and workshops designed to cover transversal skill-sets for early to mid-career professionals in international affairs. These workshops will span topics such as, amongst others, management and leadership, policy brief methods, public speaking and policy evaluation. Students from all tracks of the Master in Advanced Global Studies will take these workshops, thus creating space for further intellectual and professional exchange with peers from diverse backgrounds and sectors.
Foreign language training is also one of PSIA's pillars, and students in the program will be required to take at least one foreign language course per semester, chosen from Sciences Po's in-house offer of 10 languages.
A full-time program in the heart of Paris
The one-year Master in Advanced Global Studies is a full-time program, running from late August to the end of June, and including a January intersession. Classes are taken in the heart of Paris, at Sciences Po's main campus in the St Germain neighbourhood.
- August Bootcamp 2017
- Fall courses - Semester 1 2016-2017 | Download Schedule, Fall semester (Please check this document daily for updates)
- Spring courses - Semester 2 2016-2017 | Download Schedule, Spring semester
- Summer Session 2017
- Policy Briefs
"Trading my briefcase for a backpack helped to boost my career"
In 2015, Clara Thompson-Lipponen graduated cum laude from the Master in Advanced Global Studies.
Read the interview with Clara Thompson-Lipponen
Thirty something and happy to be back at university
Sheila Mutimbo and Patrick Blake are public policy professionals in their thirties. After several years of rich professional experience, they decided that it was time to go back to university.
Read the interview with Sheila and Patrick
ELIGIBILITY AND ADMISSIONS
Candidates with at least 5 years of professional experience and an undergraduate degree are invited to apply online. More infomation including the link to open an application is available on the dedicated one-year Master's Admissions website.
When opening their online application, candidates to the Master in Advanced Global Studies must ensure they select the "One-year master's programme" option within the initial "Choosing an Admissions procedure" page, as a very first step when applying.
Should candidates wish to discuss the specific program and orientation of each of the 7 tracks, contact information for the relevant Academic Advisors can be found on the PSIA contact page.
Information on tuition fees can be found on the dedicated Sciences Po page.