- Alumni & Donors
- About PSIA
- PSIA Master Programs
- Master in International Security
- Master in International Public Management
- Master in International Economic Policy
- Master in International Development
- Master in Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- Master in Environmental Policy
- Master in International Energy
- Master in Journalism and International Affairs
- One-year Tracks
- PSIA Concentration Programs
- PSIA Fundamental Courses
- International and National Dual Degrees
- PSIA Master Programs
- Dual Degrees & Academic Partnerships
- Partnerships with major institutions
- Partnerships with foundations
- Partnerships with media
Home > About
One of the most prestigious schools in Europe, “among the grandest” (The Economist), Sciences Po has cultivated the minds of leading government officials, diplomats, and key international stakeholders for over a century. The teaching of international affairs has always been of strategic importance to Sciences Po. As early as 1872, the Ecole libre des sciences politiques created a “section” which then became the “Section internationale,” and welcomed more than 30% of foreign students.
Consolidating this tradition of excellence, the Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA), established in 2010, offers world leaders of tomorrow an innovative and comprehensive grounding in international affairs. Corresponding with his life-long career on the international scene Dean Enrico Letta is furthering his commitment to the future of global affairs by fostering the development of PSIA, the only school of International Affairs in France.
- At the forefront of global affairs education. A global school based in Paris, PSIA attracts the best students and faculty world-wide, and has an international student population that exceeds 70% with close to 1500 students coming from 105 different countries, PSIA is the largest professional school of International Affairs in Europe.
- A bilingual (English-French) professional school with an international presence. Seventy percent of courses are offered in English to the entire student body of PSIA. Consequently, even students without prior understanding of French may follow a full course of study at PSIA and take this opportunity to learn or improve their French skills and become multilingual. Additionally, in-house language training is available in ten additional languages.
- World-renowned professors, as well as leading regional experts and practitioners have joined PSIA to teach over 400 courses annually in the most salient fields of international affairs.
- The PSIA curriculum interlaces conceptual foundations and current scholarship, with the most up-to-date operational training and best practices. Students frequently interact with world leaders and scholars through PSIA’s extensive series of public events and the annual Youth & Leaders Summit. Graduates complete the two-year (or one year) program, including a full semester internship, well-positioned to pursue highprofile careers across continents, and to join the dense network of Sciences Po alumni.
In 2016, Sciences Po was ranked 4th in the world for Politics and International Studies (QS ranking).
“PSIA excels at bridging the gap between theory and practice. In my experience, this is ideal for future leaders who aim to thrive as innovative and responsible actors of a challenging global world." Enrico Letta, Dean of PSIA, Former Prime Minister of Italy
Download PSIA brief presentation
Download Curriculum Overview
For more information on PSIA's diverse offering of academic programs, please visit the Academics page.
PSIA is proud to be a full member school of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs.