- Alumni & Donors
- News & Events
The Use of Digital Technology to Assess the Impact of Parliament on the Lawmaking Process
Project Directors :
- Benjamin OOGHE-TABANOU (Research Engeneer at Médialab and Regards Citoyens)
- Olivier ROZENBERG (Associate Professor, Centre d’études européennes)
- Guillaume TUSSEAU (Full Professor, Law School of Sciences Po)
Affiliated Researchers :
- François BRIATTE (Political Scientist, Assistant Lecturer, ESPOL Lille)
- Jonathan CHIBOIS (Anthropologist, Phd. Candidate, LAIOS, EHESS)
- Paul GIRARD (Technical Director, Médialab, Sciences Po)
- Emiliano GROSSMAN (Political Scientist, Associate Professor, Centre d’études européennes, Sciences Po)
- Charlotte HALPERN (Political Scientist, Research Fellow, Centre d’études européennes, Sciences Po)
- Marc MILET (Political Scientist, Senior Lecturer/maître de conférences HDR, Université Paris II)
- Esther ROGAN (Director of Policy Lab, School of Public Policy, Sciences Po)
- The 8 administrators of the association of Regards Citoyens
This project has obtained funding through the 2016 call for proposals of the LIEPP.
This project aims at assessing the impact of parliamentary work on the lawmaking process by using open, publicly accessible data, data mining, and big data analysis. It will also aim at i) extending and improving its online explorer of the French legislative process; ii) renewing existing assessment methods of the lawmaking process through digital technology and new measurements of how Parliament affect lawmaking; and iii) observing and systematically analysing the processing of legislative amendments.
The project makes a reflexive use of digital technology in order to uncover the most sophisticated aspects of the lawmaking process. In practice, it combines a data-driven Web application with innovative indicators to assess the impact of parliamentary work on both amendments and bills.
The project combines disciplinary insights from law, political science and computer science. It involves universities, software developers, nongovernmental organisations and legislative stakeholders.
Please visit: https://www.lafabriquedelaloi.fr/