- Alumni & Donors
- International Activities
- International Network
- Study at Sciences Po
- Contact us
- Sciences Po students
Study in Sub-Saharan Africa
As a student at Sciences Po, you can spend time abroad at three different moments:
- Students are required to spend their third year of the Bachelor's programme abroad, either studying at a partner university, on an internship or undertaking a personal project.
- One semester of the Master's programme is spent outside Sciences Po, and studying abroad is one of the possibilities.
- During your doctorate, you may choose to participate in a PhD exchange programme.
What do you need to do to study abroad?
Discover the different steps involved in preparing for a successful exchange.
Make an appointment
Make an appointment (personal or in small groups) so we can help you define your study abroad project and your list of schools.
Come to the Information sessions
- 25 September 2017 from 2.45pm to 4.45pm, Paris Campus, Room Eugène d'Eichtal, 27 rue Saint Guillaume.
- 26 September 2017 on the Reims Campus
Your main contact: the Centre for Africa and the Middle East
The Centre for Africa and the Middle East at Sciences Po is there to help you with all your preparations for studying in Africa as well as during your stay.
Information meetings about student exchanges in Africa are held each year to help you choose your destination.
Find out about the security situation in each country from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (FR) and follow their advice to travellers.
As soon as you arrive:
- Send your new contact details to the Centre for Africa and the Middle East at Sciences Po.
- Register with the French consulate or the consulate of your country of origin in your host country.
To find out the precautions to take for the country you are going to (malaria, rabies vaccine, state of the water, etc.).
NB: in most countries of Sub-Saharan Africa, yellow fever vaccination is mandatory for entry into the country. When you arrive, your vaccination certificate may be requested along with your visa.