- Alumni & Donors
- International Activities
- International Network
- Study at Sciences Po
- Contact us
- Sciences Po students
Study in Latin America
As a student at Sciences Po, you can spend time abroad at three different moments:
- Students are required to spend their third year of the Bachelor’s programme abroad, either studying at a partner university, on an internship or undertaking a personal project.
- One semester of the Master’s programme is spent outside Sciences Po, and studying abroad is one of the possibilities.
- During your doctorate, you may choose to participate in a PhD exchange programme.
What do you need to do to study abroad?
- Discover the different steps involved in preparing for a successful exchange.
- Come to our info session to be held in September/October 2018 (to be confirmed soon).
- Read the presentation on the Third Year Abroad in Latin America (PDF, 97 Kb, FR).
- Make an appointment to discuss your third year abroad (the link will be active in October 2018).
- Please make sure to fill out this questionnaire (Word, 79 Ko) before your appointment with us.
- Check the list of partner universities (PDF, 80 Ko) for Master's students exchange.
- Make an appointment for a master's semester abroad (the link will be active in October 2018).
In order to apply for a study abroad programme in Latin America, you must hold, when you apply in December, a B2 level (level 3 at Sciences Po) in Spanish for Spanish speaking countries, and a B2 level in Portuguese for Brazil.
Prepare for your departure
Once your choice of exchange has been approved by Sciences Po, you need to start preparations for your period away. Certain procedures can take a long time, so you should get organised well before you leave. Kindly refer to this page to review important things to prepare for your departure (visa, health insurance, etc).
Your main contact: the Centre for the Americas
The Centre for the Americas at Sciences Po is there to help you with all your preparations for studying abroad as well as during your stay.