- Alumni & Donors
- About us
Master in Marketing and Market Research
The Master of Marketing and Market Research trains future managers in all aspects of marketing, and is appropriate for both large companies and entrepreneurial start-ups. The marketing profession is constantly innovating and transforming, as a result of digital technology and the emergence of new business models which have profoundly changed consumer behaviour, purchasing pathways and, more widely, the relationship to brands and services.
Emerging opportunities require new skills. In line with the aims of the School of Management and Innovation, graduates of the Master of Marketing and Market Research combine knowledge of social sciences, technical and digital skills in the service of customer relations. They have a strong analytical capacity, demonstrate creativity, and are able to innovate and actively participate in the transformation of companies.
Course outline and specific features
The curriculum follows a progressive development with the first year largely devoted to theoretical contributions from the social sciences, management and marketing:
- in the first semester, cross-curricular courses in management and social sciences and the foundations of marketing provide students the basis upon which to choose their specialisation.
- in the second semester students can add specialist subjects of their choice focusing on new and emerging aspects of the profession.
- throughout the year, workshops develop practical skills that are immediately transferable to a professional context.
An optional gap year between years one and two of the Master allows students to more precisely define their professional project or enrich their academic path with a semester at an international partner university.
The curriculum in the second year of the Master aims to develop professional skills, with a large number of elective courses, scenarios based on concrete case studies and modules specialising in sectors such as luxury and innovation.
In the second year, students choose between:
- Six months of classes at Sciences Po and a sixth-month end of studies internship
- A year-long work placement alternating one day of classes with four days of professional placement during the first six months, then one day of classes every two weeks with a final dissertation.
Programme (in French) :
- First year, semester 1
- First year, semester 2
- Second year, semesters 3 and 4
- Second year, apprenticeship, semesters 3 et 4
The Master of Marketing and Market Research prepares students for careers in strategic and operational marketing, entrepreneurship, digital marketing, consultancy, market research, luxury, and marketing in the voluntary, cultural and public sectors.
Throughout the course, students benefit from the School’s links with academics and practitioners from the professional world, with a teaching staff consisting partly of professionals from the sector. Opportunities to meet professionals and company visits ensure students are ready to enter the workforce.
Almost 60% of Master of Marketing and Market Research graduates secure a job before even graduating and 80% of graduates are in work within 6 months of completing the course.