- Alumni & Donors
- About us
- At a glance
- Master in Economics and Business
- Master in Finance and Strategy
- Master in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources
- Master in Innovation & Digital Transformation
- Master Communications, Media and Creative Industries
- Master in Marketing
- Joint Master of Law and Finance
- One-year master's programmes
- Dual degrees
Master Communications, Media and Creative Industries
The Master of Communications, Media and Creative Industries trains future managers in the Communications and Creative Industries sector.
Whether it's for careers working with agencies (advertising, design, digital, corporate, PR etc.), in internal communication departments, the media and media production, or the creative industries (film, video games, music, entertainment, publishing etc.), the Master aims to provide specific, in-depth teaching to all students wishing to enter these professions.
An essential balance is maintained between the academic and professional components of the curriculum. The programme offers students a solid basis in the fundamentals of the social sciences, ensuring students develop not only critical and analytical skills, but also the professional knowledge and operational practice to enable them to begin their careers immediately after graduating.
A French track "Communications, médias et industries creatives" is also available, taking into account the specificities of the French job market.
Course outline and specific features
The curriculum follows a progressive development.
The first year is devoted to learning basic skills:
- during the first semester students follow transversal courses in the social sciences and management as well as the basics of the sector (Media Landscape, Opinion, Media Economy…)
- in the second semester students continue to follow the basics and begin to choose their specialisations.
Throughout the year, workshops develop practical skills immediately transferable to a professional context (creativity, rhetoric, programming...).
An optional gap year between years one and two of the Master allows students to define their professional project more precisely or to supplement their academic path with a semester at an international partner university.
The second year is the time to put knowledge into practice. Students are able to specialise, due to the large number of elective courses on offer, where they work on scenarios and real-life case studies.
Students are offered a choice between:
- six months of classes at Sciences Po followed by a sixth-month end-of-studies internship
- a year of apprenticeship that alternates classroom work with a professional placement, with final dissertation
The Master of Communications, Media and Creative Industries is a unique course which successfully leads to entries into careers throughout the communications, media and creative industries, both in France and internationally.
A wide variety of companies are interested in graduates from the Master's programme, such as: Amazon, BETC, Canal+, DDB, Dentsu Aegis, Disney, Endemol, Google, Havas, Lagardère, L'Oréal, M6, McCann, Orange, Ogilvy, SNCF, TBWA, UBISOFT, Universal, Sony, etc.
Throughout the course, students benefit from the School's extensive links with the professional world, with many professionals in the sector among the teaching staff. Meetings with professionals, company visits, and close contacts with the Master's Alumni network prepare students for entry into the job market.
Nearly 90% of graduates find their first position within six months of graduating (Enquête 2015 statistics).