- Alumni & Donors
- Undergraduate admissions
- Graduate Admissions
- One-year Master's
- Ph.D Programmes
- My application
- Useful links
- Contact Us
Home > Undergraduate admissions > International admissions > International undergraduate admissions : eligibility criteria
International undergraduate admissions for the 2018 intake are now closed. Admissions for the 2019 intake will open in October 2018.
International undergraduate admissions : eligibility criteria
Eligible applicants through the international admissions procedure are those who have obtained one of the following diplomas:
High School Diploma
Are eligible to apply through the international admissions procedure, students who will obtain either one of the following high school diplomas :
- French baccalauréat obtained abroad
- Foreign diploma obtained in France
- Foreign diploma obtained abroad
- Candidates who obtain a foreign High School diploma (i.e. International Baccalaureate Diploma, Selectividad, Bachillerato, A-level, Abitur, Maturité…) can apply through the International Admissions procedure.
- Applicants enrolled in binational programs Abibac, Bachibac (Fr) and Esabac can apply through the International Admissions procedure.
- Candidates who will obtain a French baccalauréat in France with "European Option" or the "International Option" are not eligible to apply through the International admissions procedure.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements of both the international and exam entry procedure must choose to apply through one or the other. Under no circumstances should they apply through both routes.
- Information for canadian applicants
High School graduation date
If you would like to apply to an undergraduate programme at Sciences Po for the 2018 intake, you must have obtained your high school diploma between November 2017 and July 2018.
All admitted candidates start as first-year students, even if they had already begun undergraduate studies elsewhere. Transfer admissions are not offered at Sciences Po.
If you have obtained your baccalauréat outside of France or another high school diploma between November 2016 (for countries with inverted calendars) and July 2017 and wish to apply through the international admissions procedure for the 2018 intake, you must request a waiver.
To be eligible to start their undergraduate studies, applicants must have finished their high school studies before starting at Sciences Po.
The French Baccalauréat must be obtained abroad, within the first group of the first session.
Choice of campus
On your application form, you may choose one or two programmes. Should you choose two programmes, please indicate them in your order of preference (choice 1 = preferred). You must also indicate if you do not wish to make a second choice by selecting the box at the bottom of the programme listing. If that is the case your application will be reviewed for one programme only.
You can apply through the international admissions procedure only if you wish to attend one of the six regional campuses : Dijon, Nancy, Poitiers, Menton, Reims or Le Havre.
If you wish to apply to the campus in Paris, you must sit the entry level exam, administered exclusively in French, regardless of where you obtained your high school or baccalauréat diploma.