- Alumni & Donors
Home > Graduate > International admissions > International graduate admissions: language requirements
International graduate admissions: language requirements
Language level requirements
The language requirements depend on the programme you are applying to. When needed, test results must be attached directly to the online application.
If you are applying to two programmes with different requirements, you must take into account the highest level required.
Although for some programmes no specific English level is required for admission, you will be requested to prove a C1 English level at the end of your programme to obtain your final diploma.
Certain applicants may be exempted from a language test according to their situation.
Please check our language test exemptions page.
You must provide your language test results no later than:
- the deadline of the Master programme, or May 15, 2019 at the latest.
- or at the deadline of the scholarship
- or at the deadline of the dual degree programme
Please check the deadlines.
Please note: your application to the Eiffel / Boutmy scholarships will not be taken into account for without the required language tests.
Your online application may be processed without your language test results. It is therefore possible to be denied admission before having provided them.
Two to three months may be needed to obtain your language test results. You must take the necessary precautions in order to provide your results whilst respecting the deadline. You must indicate the date in which you have or will pass the language test in your online application.
Conditional offer - Master’s programme
- If you are offered admission but you have not yet provided the language test(s) the offer will only be valid under the condition that you provide your results. Accordingly, your letter of admission will not be issued until you have satisfied this requirement.
- Applicants who have received a conditional offer of admission must provide their language test scores according to the language requirements before the given deadline, and by May 15, 2019 at the latest, in order to join Sciences Po for the 2019 intake. If you are unable to provide satisfactory language scores by then, you must do so by December 31 of your conditionnal admission year, in order to be admitted for the following intake.
Dual degree programmes: No conditional offers can be provided for the dual degree programmes. Dual degree programmes require language test results for the application to be processed.
Please note that other than the Cambridge Proficiency certificate, the DELF and the DALF, language tests are valid for two years. Tests must be valid on the deadline of the programme you are applying for.