- Alumni & Donors
Home > Graduate > International admissions > International graduate admissions: language requirements
International graduate admissions: language requirements
Language level requirements
The language requirements depend on the programme you are applying to. When needed, test results must be attached directly to the online application.
Language level requirements differ from programme to programme. If you are applying to two programmes with different requirements, you must take into account the highest level required.
Check the language requirements for each programme
||No French required|
|Joint Master in Journalism and International Affairs||
||It is highly recommended to hold a level corresponding to a B1.|
|Joint Master Droit et Finance||
|Master's in History||
B1 can be accepted on very exceptionnal basis. Applicants may be invited to an interview.
|All other graduate programmes||
Certain applicants may be exempted from a language test according to their situation.
Please check our language test exemptions page.
You must provide your language test results no later than:
- the 31st of May, 2019 if you are applying to a Master’s programme
- or at the deadline of the scholarship
- or at the deadline of the dual degree programme
Please check the deadlines for each programme : lien vers pages calendrier
Please note: your application to the Eiffel / Boutmy scholarships will not be taken into account for without the required language tests.
Your online application may be processed without your language test results. It is therefore possible to denied admission before having provided them.
Two to three months may be needed to obtain your language test results. You must take the necessary precautions in order to provide your results whilst respecting the deadline. You must indicate the date in which you have or will pass the language test in your online application.
Conditional offer - Master’s programme
- If you are offered admission but you have not yet provided the language test(s) the offer will only be valid under the condition that you provide your results. Accordingly, your letter of admission will not be issued until you have satisfied this requirement.
- Applicants who have received a conditional offer of admission must provide their language test results before the given deadline according to the language requirements on this page. Otherwise enrollment will be deferred, under the same conditions, until the following academic school year.
Dual degree programmes: No conditional offers can be provided for the dual degree programmes. Dual degree programmes require language test results for the application to be processed.
Please note that other than the Cambridge Proficiency certificate, language tests are valid for two years. Tests must be valid on the deadline of the programme you are applying for.