- Alumni & Donors
- Undergraduate admissions
- Graduate Admissions
- One-year Master's
- Ph.D Programmes
- My application
- Useful links
- Contact Us
Home > Graduate Admissions > International admissions > International graduate admissions : required documents
International graduate admissions for the 2017 intake are now open. Sciences Po students answer your questions on a series of live interviews!
International graduate admissions : required documents
Documents to be attached to your application
- Official academic transcript(s) for the entirety of your time in higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programmes). Your academic transcripts must be included in the original language version accompanied, where necessary, by an official or informal translation in French or in English (English compulsory for Dual degree programmes).
- Two academic references. Please note that certain programmes require one or two professional references in addition to the academic ones.
- Language Test certificate (where applicable)
- Certificate(s) of secondary (high school) education (where applicable, to be exempted of the French proficiency test, or the English proficiency test)
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate dissertation(s) (optional)
- Articles or other texts which you have written or published (where applicable)
Please note: incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Specific documents to be attached
For the following programmes, please attach the documents as requested :
- Applicants from UK: 2:1 Upper Second Class Honours. You need to attach an official university certificate predicting that you are likely to obtain your diploma with upper second class honours. If your university does not provide you with a 2.1 certificate, you can either ask to one of your referee to mention it in the recommendation form or ask your university to provide you a document stating that they do not deliver prediction certificates.
- Doctoral Programme in Economics: the GRE certificate
- Applicants for the Master in Urban Planning: please check the list of specific documents on the website of the Urban Planning Programme.
Dual degrees programmes: specific requirements
- Dual degree with Bocconi Università: GRE, GMAT or Bocconi test (for Bocconi students)
- Dual degree with SIPA Columbia: the GRE or the GMAT certificates
- Dual degree with Stockholm School of Economics: the GRE or the GMAT certificates. More information on the required scores.
- Dual degree with Georgetown University: copy of a Law degree deeming you eligibible for the Bar exam of the country where the degree was obtained.
- Dual degree with the University of Pennsylvania: copy of your Law degree
- Dual degree with MGIMO: Non native Russian speakers need to attach to their application a motivation letter written in Russian in a Word form.
GRE Sciences Po institutional code: 0816
The personal statement must be written directly in the space provided in the online application form. You may draft the letter in a Word document first and then copy/paste it to the space in the application.
The statement must be written in the language of instruction of the programme.
If you are applying for a dual degree programme, please write at least one paragraph in one of the other language of the programme (i.e. English, German, Russian). If you are applying for more than one programme, please explain each choice in a separate statement.
In order to ensure treatment of your application, it is your responsibility to confirm that we receive all of the required documents no later than the deadline of the programme or scholarship.
A complete application consists of you submitting your application along with all of the required documents, including language tests and reference letters. Once validated, your application will be processed for completion, if all documents are present it will then be passed to evaluation at which point no other documents will be accepted unless otherwise requested.
Requested documents may take upto 15 business days to be processed. Any and all updates regarding the status of your application will be communicated to you.
Complete applications will be processed and assessed first. Applicants who have completed their application will therefore receive the admission decision sonner.
You must include your academic transcript in the original language version accompanied, where necessary, by an official or informal translation in French or in English (English compulsory for Dual degree programmes).
You must include a CV in French or English, according to the language of the programme for which you apply, except for the dual degree programmes for which all required documents must be submitted in English.
You may attach several documents to your application. The attached files must be in .doc or .pdf format and cannot be bigger than 2 Mo. For ease of assessment, we request that you name each attached file, in English or in French (for example: Baccalaureate results, CV, transcript).
Avoid sending any documents by regular mail and never send any originals as they will not be returned.
If you wish to attach one or several of your essays, please do so by attaching the first page with the name of the essay, the introduction, the conclusion and the table of contents (2 Mo maximum).
Your local TOEFL center might ask you for Sciences Po's institutional code in order to transfer us your test results confidentially. This code number is 0695.
Tip for saving several documents in a single PDF (for instance for all the transcripts of a given year): use http://combinepdf.com/fr/.
Tips for reducing a PDF weight : use Adobe Acrobat or Smallpdf. You can also check the settings on your scanner.